PSC Metals scrap yard

it's just dave

30 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Trying to find information about Carl Ichan and development he has done and the fact is he nor any of the companies I have seen so far have done any land development. He has been involved in Real Estate in Florida.

I am just concerned this will continue to be indutrial.

If anyone has anymore insight into the billionaire and his holdings, please post it. I didnt lok that hard.

The only thing I know about Icahn is that he was one of the inspirations for the character Gordon Gekko in Oliver Stone's Wall Street. Gekko states in the movie that the profit he made from selling a building was "better than sex." So, using this highly illogical and idiotic line of reasoning, perhaps Icahn is just waiting a bit to make the sale and massive profits from the PSC Metals site more pleasurable?.... :rofl:

IMG_1066.GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

There will be a lot of soil remediation that will have to be done. Someone will have to pay for that if the land is sold to a developer. That is not cheap.

Could this site be an Amazon option. Would have unbelievable views of all of downtown. Connect mass transit across a bridge that connects to the SoBro station?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

There will be a lot of soil remediation that will have to be done. Someone will have to pay for that if the land is sold to a developer. That is not cheap.

Actually, we can do a lot through the Brownfields program to manage soil contamination in a way that safe for reuse and provides liability protection to new owners for past contamination. A full and complete cleanup may not be required.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brownfield said:

Actually, we can do a lot through the Brownfields program to manage soil contamination in a way that safe for reuse and provides liability protection to new owners for past contamination. A full and complete cleanup may not be required.

That is great to know. I hope someone takes advantage of the programs as this is a very hazardous site as they have been sited numerous times for violations.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
31 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Mayor Brileyis the latest in a long line of Metro executives seeking to get rid of the Carl Icahn-owned metal-recycling company on a Cumberland River property coveted for redevelopment.

According to emails obtained in a public records request, PSC Metals officials are considering moving their local operations elsewhere in Davidson County and bringing their Ohio headquarters to Nashville. Company representatives have been in talks with state and Metro real estate and economic development officials during recent months.

The sites mentioned for possible relocation include a Ford Motors-owned property on Centennial Boulevard, a state-owned former prison site and a property currently home to a Goodwill operation and owned by local commercial real estate industry official Bill Hawkins.

More at Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21007590/icahns-company-plotting-move-from-coveted-riverbank-property

I was looking at a google map and I think the old state prison site is probably the best location for it. it's big enough, it has interstate access via Briley Parkway, it has river access and even a railroad spur-everything that PSC says they need. 

If tearing down the old prison is what it takes to get PSC out of downtown and the east bank then so be it.

• Like 4

If and when PSC does move out of this site. There should be intense review and demand for high quality design, especially along the frontage at Korea Vets. Being the exit from the highway and really the entry into this area, that portion of development needs to be some of the best Nashville will see this generation!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bnacincy said:

I was looking at a google map and I think the old state prison site is probably the best location for it. it's big enough, it has interstate access via Briley Parkway, it has river access and even a railroad spur-everything that PSC says they need. 

If tearing down the old prison is what it takes to get PSC out of downtown and the east bank then so be it.

I hope you're not talking about this prison.  

Image result for tennessee state prison nashville

5 minutes ago, Neigeville2 said:

I hope you're not talking about this prison.  

Image result for tennessee state prison nashville

Yes I am-but since I know  a lot of people value the building for its design-if not so much its history- perhaps PSC could take over the whole property and use the old building as its new HQ-at least it would be functional and not just sitting there gathering dust.