Triad Photo of the Day

krazeeboi

Right now its a telecommunications/network company. The building is mainly vacant. It would be nice if this building were converted to an apartment building or a hotel. Most people dont know that this building was designed to be a hotel in 1926 but that never materialized and it ended up being home to Greensboro Bank & Trust. eventually it was renamed the Guilford Building. When you walk inside you feel like you are in a hotel lobby of an old hotel.

Edited by cityboi

Right now its a telecommunications/network company. The building is mainly vacant. It would be nice if this building were converted to an apartment building or a hotel. Most people dont know that this building was designed to be a hotel in 1926 but that never materialized and it ended up being home to Greensboro Bank & Trust. eventually it was renamed the Guilford Building. When you walk inside you feel like you are in a hotel lobby of an old hotel.

It's sort of reminiscent of The Carolina Theater and Hotel (which is now the Steven's Center) in W-S. It would make a nice residential bldg or boutique hotel.

It's sort of reminiscent of The Carolina Theater and Hotel (which is now the Steven's Center) in W-S. It would make a nice residential bldg or boutique hotel.

Maybe it would make a great Holiday Inn. I noticed that a lot of historic buildings that are turned into hotels tend to have the Holiday Inn name on them.

The top 2 pics remind me of downtown Orlando. One of the main streets (I forget the name) going through downtown Orlando on the weekends reminds me a lot of Elm St on the weekends. It's a lot more historic than one would think and a much better (and more fun/big city/authentic) alternative to touristy Citywalk and Pleasure Island. Sorry that was off topic! :)

Downtown Greensboro photos of today

1248556981_a4bb8e2188_o.jpg

1246304217_6d34b2b60d_o.jpg

1244517988_9e62204162.jpg

i wasnt trying to be negative, just asking a question. im not sure of the rules for flickr, or any type of ethics dealing with other peoples work. thats all.

dont you think that its kinda funny that a hopeVI development has the best skyline view of downtown? seems like the view, alone, would make this land extremely valuable, and home to upscale homes and townhouses.