Triad Photo of the Day

krazeeboi

I want to personally thank UrbanPlanet for the following! Had I not joined UP, I would have never started to take photos of construction projects in the Triad and upload them online. This eventually led to taking skyline and street-scene shots that I hosted through Flickr, a site I learned about through Neo's signature a few years ago. Three photos of mine, that have been featured on here in UP{sodEmoji.|}Triad, were selected to appear in a series of upcoming FOX 8 promos dealing with the economy. The first two are mine as well as the ninth one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgTj6T-gqLU

Thanks again! :)

nice job Jerseyboy! we all apreciate your wonderful photos. Maybe a segment on the news about Urbanplanet will be done one day. Anyway its great to see your photos on there :) Maybe one day Urbanplanet will become more than just a message board for urban nuts like us but a tool in orchastrating new ideas and development across the country.

Edited by cityboi

I want to personally thank UrbanPlanet for the following! Had I not joined UP, I would have never started to take photos of construction projects in the Triad and upload them online. This eventually led to taking skyline and street-scene shots that I hosted through Flickr, a site I learned about through Neo's signature a few years ago. Three photos of mine, that have been featured on here in UP{sodEmoji.|}Triad, were selected to appear in a series of upcoming FOX 8 promos dealing with the economy. The first two are mine as well as the ninth one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgTj6T-gqLU

Thanks again! :)

Congrats!

Thanks guys! :camera: Cityboi, I'd love to see that happen as well. In some cases, it's already happening. The Grand Rapids section of UP has a forum called "Green Grand Rapids" that is a partnership between UP and the City of Grand Rapids. I know many developers and politicians who frequent this site to get a better idea of what people think of projects in their cities. I've thought about doing something similar to Grand Rapids and connecting Greensboro, Winston, and High Point's planning divisions to UP{sodEmoji.|}Triad. I haven't had that much time to think about it recently, but if any of you have any ideas about how we could make this something bigger feel free to PM me. I am open to any and all suggestions!

Thanks guys! :camera: Cityboi, I'd love to see that happen as well. In some cases, it's already happening. The Grand Rapids section of UP has a forum called "Green Grand Rapids" that is a partnership between UP and the City of Grand Rapids. I know many developers and politicians who frequent this site to get a better idea of what people think of projects in their cities. I've thought about doing something similar to Grand Rapids and connecting Greensboro, Winston, and High Point's planning divisions to UP{sodEmoji.|}Triad. I haven't had that much time to think about it recently, but if any of you have any ideas about how we could make this something bigger feel free to PM me. I am open to any and all suggestions!

Thats is certainly a great idea to have some kind of partnership with urbanplanet and developers/local governments. Maybe even partnerships with organizations such as Piedmont Triad Partnership, Action Greensboro, DGI and the Downtown Winston-Salem Partnership. Im sure we already have local developers that cruise the Triad section. As I said before you'd be surprised at who are members here. I already know of a few well know locally people that post here regularly, one of which is a well known TV news personality at one of the Triad stations, but I wont give names so they can remain anonymous. ;) But any way this would be a really BIG deal for Urban Planet to do something like this that has never been done before. This would encourage community involvement, via internet, from citizens across the country and even internationally.

Edited by cityboi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice vid, however, are you a 'leadfoot?' I noticed like only 2 cars passed you on your circle around town while you where whizzing by everyone else! :whistling:

:lol:

Well, with the exception of a few parts, the majority of the driving done in this video was done at or below 70 mph. Business 40 wasn't built for speed, nor was 52. The drivers on Business 40 were doing anywhere from 35 to 45 in the right lane, and it would have caused me take so many extra photos that I didn't have room for in my memory card. If you've ever watched any of Freewayjim's videos on YouTube, that would pretty much describe my driving style. I was also firing off photos every other second so the speeds were kept at a minimum.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^ gneiss pics cityboi. the hidden treasure of the triad: the wonderful sauratown range!

when asked whats the best thing about winston-salem? thats easy; quartzite cliffs, waterfalls, trails, and the dan river all just 30 minutes away!