National City Bank Building

Eridony

Yet another piece in the redevelopment of downtown falls into place. The sale of the former National City Bank Building on Western Avenue leaves only one former mall building remaining to be sold, the Commerica Bank Building.

Former Mall Bank Building Sold To Developers

From the article:

New Trend Investments plans a mixed-use redevelopment, with initial plans showing four commercial spaces on the ground floor for retail or restaurant use and offices above. The building's full basement might be redeveloped in the future, the owners said.

• 7 months later...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was in Muskegon this weekend it looked like they had started working on this building. I would have taken a picture but the weather wasn't very good. As far as I know none of the space has been leased yet, but hopefully they have some people interested.

I know they have one user for the first floor and interest in the office space. I think they plan to have the first floor tenant open by April . . ..

When I was in Muskegon this weekend it looked like they had started working on this building. I would have taken a picture but the weather wasn't very good. As far as I know none of the space has been leased yet, but hopefully they have some people interested.

Well if it's first floor use I assume it's retail or restaurant, which is great because Hegg's needs some neighbors! If they open in April I guess I only have to wait 4 months at the most to find out who it is.

That's great, when I saw them working it looked like they were only doing some minor work to the building, nothing to really change its appearance too much yet. Keep us updated!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well the first tenant has been announced for this building. It will be a restaurant called The Muskegon Athletic Club, or MAC. It's a strange name for a restaurant, but I guess you get a work out when you lift the fork to your mouth. Also, they will have Wii game systems in the place.

2536135669_1bf1308887_b.jpg

The MAC will be taking up the back two-thirds of the building along Second Street. I have heard what is going on the Western facing storefront but I don't think it's been announced yet so I probably shouldn't say.

• 4 weeks later...

They have started installing the windows on the ground floor:

2671007447_012de0461a_b.jpg

There still is plenty of other work left to do. The side of the building still has an opening into the basement of the building and I hope they are going to dos something with that wall, even if all they do is paint it.

2671829922_87a679a7d3_b.jpg

• 2 months later...

Archived