Could an Apple Store surrive here?

fsubelch

I must admit, the Apple stores amazing. It seems wherever there is a decent shopping area, there is now an Apple Store. Do you guys thing Tallahassee could support an Apple Store. Granted, we do not have a state of the art shopping mall, but maybe one could bring the other or something.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I must admit, the Apple stores amazing. It seems wherever there is a decent shopping area, there is now an Apple Store. Do you guys thing Tallahassee could support an Apple Store. Granted, we do not have a state of the art shopping mall, but maybe one could bring the other or something.

went to the apple store last weekend in Jacksoville at the St. John's Town Center to browse. overall it was a very cool place and I would love to see one in Tallahassee! i think that it could survive due to the high student poplulation. plus, once i convince the wife that they are better than PC's i could pick one up too. :D

the city should approach apple about building on Gaines instead of Wally's World... chances of that happening though are probably zero.

Interesting note - Apple stores are the highest-grossing retail store in the US, on a per square foot basis. They sell roughly $4200/sq ft per year, compared to Tiffany at $2500. No one else even comes close.

See some comparable numbers for general retail categories.

Not bad for a chain of stores that did not exist 4 years ago.

Interesting note - Apple stores are the highest-grossing retail store in the US, on a per square foot basis. They sell roughly $4200/sq ft per year, compared to Tiffany at $2500. No one else even comes close.

See some comparable numbers for general retail categories.

Not bad for a chain of stores that did not exist 4 years ago.

I think the biggest issue with that Gateway Store was the fact that there weren't any computers for sale INSIDE THE STORE. It was basically a place where you'd go to "Test Drive" the system and order from them and wait the same amount of time you'd wait if you'd ordered from home. Tallahasseeans, being as smart as we are caught on to this very quickly and opted to purchase online where we stood the chance of getting a freebie thrown in or a nice discount instead of ordering from the Gateway Country Store. As Poonther stated, this was not a Tallahassee problem, a Gateway problem indeed.

Too bad I had to be a victim who actually went into the Gateway store to Purchase my old Select 750. If it means anything, the computer still works! I gave it to my nephew!

I think if a company expects to do well in Tallahassee year round, it wouldn't locate along Tennessee Street. I know FSU is seen as a strong market for this product, but the Leon County school board has a proven record with Apple, and many throughout Tallahassee are savvy buyers and do not want to travel to Tennessee Street for hardly anything. Put it downtown, N. Monroe, Apalachee Parkway, or near Southwood. But not on Tennessee Street.

Archived