Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MadVlad

Sonics to Vegas?

14 posts in this topic

So the speculation was the owner of the Sonics could move them to OK City since he's from there and his $500Mill deal for a new arena outside Seattle has fallen through, but that isn't the case. Vegas here they come?

Sonics to Vegas?

Ok City would be better than Vegas I think, but you never know what will happen. I do think a move out of seattle would be nice, the team seems to be in a neverending downfall there.

Throw another city into the mix....Kansas City built the nice-looking new Sprint Arena in hopes to lure an NBA Team. OKC showed they are ready to support a team.

Wow Las Vegas??? I wouldn't think that would be the 1st choice.

Throw another city into the mix....Kansas City built the nice-looking new Sprint Arena in hopes to lure an NBA Team. OKC showed they are ready to support a team.

Wow Las Vegas??? I wouldn't think that would be the 1st choice.

^i dont think any major sports yet, I know they were trying to lure a NHL team there with it also.

Oklahoma City would be the more likely front runner than LV or KC.

it works with the location of the southwest teams, but then you need to relocate teams, which kind of messes stuff up.

I don't see the Sonics making the move to LV since the all-star game really didn't get a warm welcome from the city.

^Do you think they go to KC or stay put?

Not sure KC failed to get the Charlotte Sting I just don't think KC has the market for professional basketball, If the Sonics do move it will be to Oklahoma City they did a great job hosting the Hornets after Katrina.

^i was gonna say I think the two front runners are Ok City and KC, but you never know what will happen in LV.

Also, doesn't the KC AFL team play in the arena?

The Brigade currently plays at Kemper Arena but will move to the Sprint Center for the 08 season.

The Brigade currently plays at Kemper Arena but will move to the Sprint Center for the 08 season.