Perception of Charlotte Nationwide

4 hours ago, Nick2 said:

It's unfortunate that this video of a racist rant goes viral the same day as the Trump rally. It's been picked up by news nationally too. 

This woman is in the process of being evicted so not "living in her $1300 rent apartment." She's been fired so she didn't go back to "making 125k on Monday." And she also has four charges against her as of tonight. She ruined her life for a drunken, racist tirade.

http://www.wfae.org/post/charlotte-woman-faces-charges-after-harassing-black-neighbors-telling-them-leave#stream/0

Is it possible to both detest her and feel some sympathy for her?  She probably deserves her ruined life but that's a high price to pay.  On the other hand, those women are the real victims and it's increasingly clear that POC have to deal with this blatant racism on a regular basis.

As for the rally, don't get me started.  Trump is a horrible person.

Edited by JBS
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JBS said:

Is it possible to both detest her and feel some sympathy for her?  She probably deserves her ruined life but that's a high price to pay.  On the other hand, those women are the real victims and it's increasingly clear that POC have to deal with this blatant racism on a regular basis.

As for the rally, don't get me started.  Trump is a horrible person.

The perpetually Trump-unhinged need to stop lying. They don’t want him to be more civil. If civility was their aim, they’d tone down their own rhetoric. No, they just want him to lose. Put another way: they hate him because he won (and keeps winning).

1 hour ago, JBS said:

I hate him for who he is.  Until I (early) voted for Dan McCready, I had never voted for a Democrat in my life.  I'm a conservative evangelical and I am all in on opposing Trump.  So that doesn't fit your narrative.  I'm against him because of who he is in his personal life, his business life and his political life.  He lies repeatedly, is corrupt, a philanderer, a racist, treats war heroes and their families disrespectfully, an assaulter of women, a divider in every way...I could go on.  Again, before Trump I NEVER voted for a Democrat (and I was not fan of either Obama or Clinton).  The support for this guy is a mystery to me.  

Well then, if you’re requirement is the Perect Unsullied Man (as against effected policies) then it makes perfect sense that you’re ceding authority to that rather defines lying, corruption, sexual predation, identity politics, mysogeny and cultural degeneracy.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, archiham04 said:

This might have been noted before, but Charlotte shows up on Google  maps rather prominantly at large scale.... and Raleigh is not even there.  Might be a cartography thing, where it competes with the "NORTH CAROLINA" text, but man.  Big snub to Raleigh.

image.thumb.png.daea65027487ce1dffa073940a383d59.png

of course it could also be a algorithm thing where google knows I'm biased toward Charlotte and showing me what I want to see, so it can sell me something.

Yeah, must be an algorithm because I don't see Charlotte when I look at your picture.  Only see hot babes and McRibs.   Google is scary.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, archiham04 said:

This might have been noted before, but Charlotte shows up on Google  maps rather prominantly at large scale.... and Raleigh is not even there.  Might be a cartography thing, where it competes with the "NORTH CAROLINA" text, but man.  Big snub to Raleigh.

of course it could also be a algorithm thing where google knows I'm biased toward Charlotte and showing me what I want to see, so it can sell me something.

Raleigh isn't the only capital city that's gone AWOL on this Google map.  Other capital cities that Google omitted include: (1) Charleston, WV, (2) Columbia, SC, (3) Frankfort, KY, (4) Little Rock, AR, (5) and Jefferson City, MO.  Here from YouTube is a sweet little ditty for kiddos about the 50 state capitals.  Fun to sing along with!

Jan 11, 2016 - Uploaded by Kids Learning Tube
Kids Learning Tube. ... Learn about the 50 states and capitals of the united statesof America with this fun ...
Edited by QCxpat
Add YouTube 50 State Capitals Song
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, archiham04 said:

Ok im not trying to ruin your fun but I think Raleigh is missing because North Carolina is covering it, the algorithim probably has some minimum distance between lables so it isnt too cluttered looking, same thing for the other missing cities @QCxpat mentioned

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Trickbot said:

Ok im not trying to ruin your fun but I think Raleigh is missing because North Carolina is covering it, the algorithim probably has some minimum distance between lables so it isnt too cluttered looking, same thing for the other missing cities @QCxpat mentioned

Raleigh over Durham would make more sense.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2018 at 10:28 AM, Dale said:

The perpetually Trump-unhinged need to stop lying. They don’t want him to be more civil. If civility was their aim, they’d tone down their own rhetoric. No, they just want him to lose. Put another way: they hate him because he won (and keeps winning).

Admittedly, I don't want Trump to be more civil because I'm gleefully amused by these regular Joes taking their cues from him, only to discover that they aren't him and have to face consequences and repercussions for their xenophobic, hateful tirades. 

Plus there's no need for wishful thinking here; Trump is in his 70's with an ego as big as the planet Jupiter. He's not going to change.

1 hour ago, krazeeboi said:

Admittedly, I don't want Trump to be more civil because I'm gleefully amused by these regular Joes taking their cues from him, only to discover that they aren't him and have to face consequences and repercussions for their xenophobic, hateful tirades. 

Plus there's no need for wishful thinking here; Trump is in his 70's with an ego as big as the planet Jupiter. He's not going to change.

Trump is xenophobic and hateful because he opposes illegal immigration like Obama but is not Obama while doing it.

15 hours ago, Dale said:

Trump is xenophobic and hateful because he opposes illegal immigration like Obama but is not Obama while doing it.

"Very fine people on both sides."

"craphole country" [changed by the censormatic2000]

'Drug dealers, criminals, rapists'

I can’t imagine why we would think donald ‘baby cage’ trump is xenophobic and hateful

Edited by kermit

Trump may or may not be xenophobic personally. But he is definitely either drumming up xenophobia to rile up a certain group of people who voted him in or he genuinely believes it. There isn't an argument available that he hasn't spouted plenty of xenophobic rhetoric as quoted by @kermit. And those were only a small percentage of his rants against a "scary" race, religion, or country.

It's nothing new for a certain party to use these sort of scare tactics to get their base and the far right out in droves to vote. However, he's made it much more blatent and obvious than what it has been in the past. 

It's also sad that the only defense that anyone who supports him has is that somehow something Obama or Clinton did makes it ok for Trump to do bad things. 

Trump dodged the draft. "But bill Clinton did too!!!!!" So then is it ok? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nick2 said:

Yeah screw freedom of press and speech! The bill of rights was the worst deal in the history of deals. Believe me. We're going to make the bill of rights great again.

Ha-Ha! Leftists wrapping themselves in the Bill of Rights (while they’re not wrapping themselves in the American Flag and checking closets for Russians).