CarolinaDaydreamin

Perception of Charlotte Nationwide

It's unfortunate that this video of a racist rant goes viral the same day as the Trump rally. It's been picked up by news nationally too. 

This woman is in the process of being evicted so not "living in her $1300 rent apartment." She's been fired so she didn't go back to "making 125k on Monday." And she also has four charges against her as of tonight. She ruined her life for a drunken, racist tirade.

http://www.wfae.org/post/charlotte-woman-faces-charges-after-harassing-black-neighbors-telling-them-leave#stream/0

• Sad 2

On 9/23/2018 at 10:57 AM, kermit said:

Nothing new here but the NYT published a blurb on the latest Walkscore results for cities — they make a point to highlight Charlotte as the least walkable of major cities.  Kinda hurts be be listed behind Jville, Nashville (a city renowned for its lack of sidewalks) and Raleigh.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/20/realestate/take-a-walk.html

we all already know this is a bit of a bad rap due to methodology issues and the city's massive geographic extent, our relatively walkable areas (Southend, Dilworth, Uptown, Wesley Heights, Plaza Midwood, Elizabeth) get dilluted into irrelevance. I would much rather be a ped in intown Charlotte than most of the other cities  on their least walkable  list.

FAE4639B-F0CF-4758-A3FE-DC576BF34A94.png

Indy can’t win for losing. In recent years it’s dropped a half-billion building/rebuilding sidewalks, improving pedestrian linkages and building dedicated bike lanes.

On 10/7/2018 at 5:16 PM, KJHburg said:

Floridians are moving up here too plus they love our mountains and they will be there en masse in a few weeks. That is a good trick I will start using that too just saying Charlotte and see what they say. 

*Floridian raises hand*

4 hours ago, Nick2 said:

It's unfortunate that this video of a racist rant goes viral the same day as the Trump rally. It's been picked up by news nationally too. 

This woman is in the process of being evicted so not "living in her $1300 rent apartment." She's been fired so she didn't go back to "making 125k on Monday." And she also has four charges against her as of tonight. She ruined her life for a drunken, racist tirade.

http://www.wfae.org/post/charlotte-woman-faces-charges-after-harassing-black-neighbors-telling-them-leave#stream/0

Is it possible to both detest her and feel some sympathy for her?  She probably deserves her ruined life but that's a high price to pay.  On the other hand, those women are the real victims and it's increasingly clear that POC have to deal with this blatant racism on a regular basis.

As for the rally, don't get me started.  Trump is a horrible person.

Edited by JBS
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JBS said:

Is it possible to both detest her and feel some sympathy for her?  She probably deserves her ruined life but that's a high price to pay.  On the other hand, those women are the real victims and it's increasingly clear that POC have to deal with this blatant racism on a regular basis.

As for the rally, don't get me started.  Trump is a horrible person.

The perpetually Trump-unhinged need to stop lying. They don’t want him to be more civil. If civility was their aim, they’d tone down their own rhetoric. No, they just want him to lose. Put another way: they hate him because he won (and keeps winning).

1 hour ago, JBS said:

I hate him for who he is.  Until I (early) voted for Dan McCready, I had never voted for a Democrat in my life.  I'm a conservative evangelical and I am all in on opposing Trump.  So that doesn't fit your narrative.  I'm against him because of who he is in his personal life, his business life and his political life.  He lies repeatedly, is corrupt, a philanderer, a racist, treats war heroes and their families disrespectfully, an assaulter of women, a divider in every way...I could go on.  Again, before Trump I NEVER voted for a Democrat (and I was not fan of either Obama or Clinton).  The support for this guy is a mystery to me.  

Well then, if you’re requirement is the Perect Unsullied Man (as against effected policies) then it makes perfect sense that you’re ceding authority to that rather defines lying, corruption, sexual predation, identity politics, mysogeny and cultural degeneracy.

Honest question:

4 hours ago, JBS said:

"I hate him for who he is... I'm a conservative evangelical..." 

Are these statements compatible?

Not a Trump voter or supporter, FTR.

For some reason the Queen City's skyline was prominently featured in tonight's Walking Dead.

image.thumb.png.8c5e0998b9014066268992a662991c59.png

[no need to mock me for still watching WD, my wife has done that already]

Edited by kermit
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, archiham04 said:

This might have been noted before, but Charlotte shows up on Google  maps rather prominantly at large scale.... and Raleigh is not even there.  Might be a cartography thing, where it competes with the "NORTH CAROLINA" text, but man.  Big snub to Raleigh.

image.thumb.png.daea65027487ce1dffa073940a383d59.png

of course it could also be a algorithm thing where google knows I'm biased toward Charlotte and showing me what I want to see, so it can sell me something.

Yeah, must be an algorithm because I don't see Charlotte when I look at your picture.  Only see hot babes and McRibs.   Google is scary.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, archiham04 said:

This might have been noted before, but Charlotte shows up on Google  maps rather prominantly at large scale.... and Raleigh is not even there.  Might be a cartography thing, where it competes with the "NORTH CAROLINA" text, but man.  Big snub to Raleigh.

of course it could also be a algorithm thing where google knows I'm biased toward Charlotte and showing me what I want to see, so it can sell me something.

Raleigh isn't the only capital city that's gone AWOL on this Google map.  Other capital cities that Google omitted include: (1) Charleston, WV, (2) Columbia, SC, (3) Frankfort, KY, (4) Little Rock, AR, (5) and Jefferson City, MO.  Here from YouTube is a sweet little ditty for kiddos about the 50 state capitals.  Fun to sing along with!

Jan 11, 2016 - Uploaded by Kids Learning Tube
Kids Learning Tube. ... Learn about the 50 states and capitals of the united statesof America with this fun ...
Edited by QCxpat
Add YouTube 50 State Capitals Song
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, archiham04 said:

Ok im not trying to ruin your fun but I think Raleigh is missing because North Carolina is covering it, the algorithim probably has some minimum distance between lables so it isnt too cluttered looking, same thing for the other missing cities @QCxpat mentioned

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Trickbot said:

Ok im not trying to ruin your fun but I think Raleigh is missing because North Carolina is covering it, the algorithim probably has some minimum distance between lables so it isnt too cluttered looking, same thing for the other missing cities @QCxpat mentioned

Raleigh over Durham would make more sense.