Perception of Charlotte Nationwide

The pictures I saw on social media looked amazing! Looked like a great crowd. Where have you seen comments from players? I'd love to read those.

Jose Enrique praised the Charlotte crowd on twitter  https://twitter.com/Jesanchez3/status/495922313586831360

Brendan Rodgers praised the support after the game and said he was honestly surprised, actually went as far as to say the crowd reminded him of an FA Cup match or Champions League game

Any picture??

Pictures wouldn't do the vibe of Uptown justice, but it was quite incredible. Haven't seen it like that in a long time.

Uptown was nuts last night. When I took Uber home, they were running on 1.5x fares because of demand and shortly after I got home (2:15ish) they were running at 2.5x fares.

I've never seen the increased fares in Charlotte before.

It doesn't happen frequently but I have definitely seen it before. It was crazy that it was basically expected that night though. Pretty awesome.

Pictures wouldn't do the vibe of Uptown justice, but it was quite incredible. Haven't seen it like that in a long time.

It doesn't happen frequently but I have definitely seen it before. It was crazy that it was basically expected that night though. Pretty awesome.

Perhaps it's time to change the tread title to "globally" 

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-pre-season-tour-charlotte-7556327

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is one of the best "things to do in Charlotte" articles I've seen. Even if it doesn't cover everything I would like to, I approve of all their choices! http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/31/travel/things-to-do-in-36-hours-in-charlotte-nc.html?ref=travel&_r=2

Great find!  I agree with your assessment, this guy really nailed it.

This is one of the best "things to do in Charlotte" articles I've seen. Even if it doesn't cover everything I would like to, I approve of all their choices! http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/31/travel/things-to-do-in-36-hours-in-charlotte-nc.html?ref=travel&_r=2

Zada Jane's has one of the best breakfasts in the city IMO. Always a line to get in at 10 or 11am on a Saturday/Sunday. Bunny Racheros are outstanding. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Cool, but hope you have a car cause there's a lot of driving involved here. I would like to see a "best of walkable uptown list" or similar. ever seen one? I did like the Valhalla brunch someone suggested on here.

My mother is coming the last week of September and besides defy Gravity in University City & Lake Norman, I plan on enjoying the center city by foot & transit (gold rush to the greenway).

A free concert by Charlotte symphony followed by a captain America movie will be that Friday in Romare park. I think to have a 3-5 day trip to Charlotte, you have to research some things like Greenways, Nature trails, festivals, places like defy gravity (or whatever floats your boat), airport overlook, etc. if someone comes here expecting Branson, Missori... Yeah, you won't have a good time. But those who do their research on events, festivals, major attractions, concerts, plays, greenways, etc you can have an excellent time in the city. Even car free you can plan a decent itinerary.

• Like 1