Perception of Charlotte Nationwide

1 hour ago, R.Talbott said:

I've lived in the DMV area, SLC, Phoenix and San Diego as an adult.  Charlotte holds its own against all of them.  

Seattle is easily the least attractive city I've ever visited.  Was very surprised.

I just assumed everyone in Seattle looked like Twilight characters

• Like 1

21 hours ago, R.Talbott said:

I've lived in the DMV area, SLC, Phoenix and San Diego as an adult.  Charlotte holds its own against all of them.  

Seattle is easily the least attractive city I've ever visited.  Was very surprised.

Forgive my ignorance; DMV?

Now, if you were talking about THE DMV, I would agree. I've seen some real dogs in line over there waiting to get my license renewed.

Forgive my ignorance; DMV?
Now, if you were talking about THE DMV, I would agree. I've seen some real dogs in line over there waiting to get my license renewed.

District of Columbia area that includes VA and MD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, R.Talbott said:

I agree.  I personally think there are more attractive women in the South than anywhere else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Temeteron said:

Have you been to Europe? (Drops mic)

Nope.  I haven't been to Asia or South America either.  I suspect that there are some gorgeous women in all those places (and others).  My biggest attraction is to fit women and there are a lot in Charlotte (but probably a lot more outside the US).  I asked my wife, an attractive blonde from San Diego, and she agreed that there are more fit and attractive people here than there (at least in our experience) and that's a place known for attractive women.

On 3/29/2017 at 5:08 PM, nonillogical said:

I spent the last week in Boston and various small north shore towns, and although everyone knew where Charlotte was without any NC clarification, opinions ranged from those who had visited once in the 90's and (probably rightfully) regarded it as a ghost town at the time, those who referred to it as "the country" and were shocked to hear we even had a skyline, and those who were familiar with Raleigh but not Charlotte, outside of knowing about the Hornets (some didn't know the Panthers played here). I didn't find anyone who had been and had a particularly positive opinion, although they were receptive to information about the city and genuinely interested that there was more to it than they thought. Anyway, had a great time there and everyone was very nice, it was just interesting that it was such a blank spot on the map to them, considering how well known we are to New Yorkers in my experience. 

I am in Boston regularly as well as all of the surrounding towns i.e., Chelsea, Lynn, Salem, Saugus, Revere, Wakefield, Lexington, Concord, Burlington, and others. I find it exactly the opposite of the way you found it. Practically everyone I meet has a relative in Charlotte that loves it  or has personally visited and want to move there. I have no reason to exaggerate. All comments have been positive. As far as sports, I am not a fan, but being Boston, I assume that anything beyond the Patriots or Bruins is likely to not exist in their opinions. When there, I not only associate with business associates, I mix with locals in pubs, gyms, and other venues. I agree that people are friendly and welcoming. But, our city has a big draw for them. I have met "nobody" that knew about Raleigh and not Charlotte. Again, I had a totally different experience. Everyone looked at Charlotte as being a big city and Raleigh as being a popular growing town. As far as beautiful women are concerned, I am sorry to say that Boston doesn't rate anywhere near the top of the beautiful women list. I don't know why that is other than they all look dikey (no offence lesbians.) That is the only negative. They are probably more educated?

Edited by caterpillar2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Surprised and delighted to see us land on this list on the positive side.  Interesting that cities that are generally considered our peers are moving in the opposite direction.  That said, I'd much rather us follow a Minneapolis/Portland/Seattle model than say, OKC or Houston.  No offense to them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/22/upshot/seattle-climbs-but-austin-sprawls-the-myth-of-the-return-to-cities.html?_r=0

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ah59396 said:

Surprised and delighted to see us land on this list on the positive side.  Interesting that cities that are generally considered our peers are moving in the opposite direction.  That said, I'd much rather us follow a Minneapolis/Portland/Seattle model than say, OKC or Houston.  No offense to them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/22/upshot/seattle-climbs-but-austin-sprawls-the-myth-of-the-return-to-cities.html?_r=0

It's especially impressive when you take into account that Charlotte doesn't have the geographic limits to sprawl that places like Seattle, Chicago and Boston have. Seattle in particular has hit it's boundary limit, any growth there is inherently going to urbanize it

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Charlotte getting some nationwide tv exposure tonight on Bravo's Southern Charm show. Some of the  cast from Savannah and Charleston leave the coast during Hurricane Matthew back in October and stay in Charlotte. 2 of the Charleston cast members have family in Charlotte and 1 of the Savannah crew has family in town. Several skyline shots, Selwyn Pub, spa in South End, bowling at the Epicenter. lots of Charlotte tonight.  As they said on the show in Savannah everyone is leaving for Atlanta or Charlotte!  Quote from Shep "Selwyn Pub is my favorite bar in town"  And even the Charlotte sign at the park by the Ratcliffe on S Tryon was shown. 

• Like 4