Perception of Charlotte Nationwide

8 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I still cannot understand why a single right wing rag cannot produce a single f*cking well designed website. crap is so ugly. From the low res pictures to the logo, to the formating, to the buttons, to the 40 different fonts. Jesus.

I can't abide the prowar views on National Review but it isn't as you are describing, IMO.  As a bonus, most of their writers (but not all) oppose Trump.  Opinion Journal (WSJ) is even better (just talking layout) and it's pretty right wing.

16 minutes ago, JBS said:

I can't abide the prowar views on National Review but it isn't as you are describing, IMO.  As a bonus, most of their writers (but not all) oppose Trump.  Opinion Journal (WSJ) is even better (just talking layout) and it's pretty right wing.

I think he meant the RWNJ sites like Breitbart etc.   Often wondered the same thing. - why do they seem so, i dunno, childish? I'm sure a lot of thought went into that look,  the stories they feature up front, and the butchered language (Breitbart WTH??) used. I'm sure they are all carefully crafted for their audience.  I'll throw in foxnews and nypost as other examples. It's not just the layout but the wacky stories they choose to highlight.  I'm not referring to the politics but the bigfoot ate child crap.

I'm a Computer Science guy but always loved advertising and psychology after a high school course on it. I can't even imagine what they can do now with all the data and analytics they have. Hidden brain podcast is a fav.

Edited by elrodvt
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, elrodvt said:

I think he meant the RWNJ sites like Breitbart etc.   Often wondered the same thing. - why do they seem so, i dunno, childish? I'm sure a lot of thought went into that look  & the stories they feature up front for their audience.  I'll throw in foxnews and nypost as other examples. It's not just the layout but the wacky stories they choose to highlight.  I'm not referring to the politics but the bigfoot ate child crap. I'm a Computer Science guy but always loved advertising and psychology after a high school course on it. I can't even imagine what they can do now with all the data and analytics they have. Hidden brain podcast is a fav.

Got it.  Don't ever visit but I'm sure they are awful.

@elrodvt is correct, I’m referencing the breitbart, Drudge Report, etc of the world. So many of them, so visually offensive. They literally look like text book modern interpretations of Bolshevik propaganda

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 7/27/2018 at 10:49 PM, JBS said:

Um, have you ever been to LA and SD?  Everyone I know who lives in LA prefers SD.  I love LA but SD is nicer.

And none of that changes the fact that LA is an iconic world-class megacity that is several times larger and offers a lot more, and SD is literally in its shadow. If you think that doesn't play a major role in SD's perceived insecurity, then what do you think does?

9 hours ago, krazeeboi said:

And none of that changes the fact that LA is an iconic world-class megacity that is several times larger and offers a lot more, and SD is literally in its shadow. If you think that doesn't play a major role in SD's perceived insecurity, then what do you think does?

You're probably right.  But people in SD hate LA and not in an envious way.  Personally, I never understood it.  They KNOW they live in paradise but something tells them they are small time.  

4 hours ago, Vitamin_N said:

A nice compliment from a listing of " Best Rooftop bars in America":

(To save you a click, they're talking about Fahrenheit)

Geez. I believe someone posted a less abrasive ranking a few weeks ago. That guy is more than welcome to not return. 

I do not take kindly to people talkin' sh-- about my city. You'd think Charlotte was my little sister or something...

1 hour ago, HighRiseHillbilly said:

Geez. I believe someone posted a less abrasive ranking a few weeks ago. That guy is more than welcome to not return. 

I do not take kindly to people talkin' sh-- about my city. You'd think Charlotte was my little sister or something...

I was just looking for the guy on twitter so I could give him a piece of my mind. But it looks like he hasn't tweeted in 5 years :-(. Guess I'll just go scream into the void. I'd love to take him around and show him just how much culture Charlotte has, if he'd venture out of his hotel room and into our funkier neighborhoods.  

38 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I was just looking for the guy on twitter so I could give him a piece of my mind. But it looks like he hasn't tweeted in 5 years :-(. Guess I'll just go scream into the void. I'd love to take him around and show him just how much culture Charlotte has, if he'd venture out of his hotel room and into our funkier neighborhoods.  

As you know, this is an article written by a guy googling "best rooftop bars in__________", clicking on the establishment website and writing a paragraph.  It's not like he visited all 50 states and did exhaustive research.  I seriously doubt he had a hotel room from which to venture...  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JBS said:

As you know, this is an article written by a guy googling "best rooftop bars in__________", clicking on the establishment website and writing a paragraph.  It's not like he visited all 50 states and did exhaustive research.  I seriously doubt he had a hotel room from which to venture...  

Yea, I know. I just am annoyed by un-researched "hot takes." When I write I do a bunch of studying up. Even when I write about cocktails, which its been a while, I make sure I try everything.