Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HartfordTycoon

Shady Glenn Cheesburger Among Nation's Most Decadent

Courant Blurb: Video Included

Equire Magazine

The Five Most Decadent Burgers in the United States of America:

The cheeseburger at Shady Glen Dairy Stores in Manchester, Connecticut.

Four carefully arranged pieces of cheese extending far beyond the border of the patty melt directly on the grill, creating a chewy crust that is as difficult to describe as it is to digest. $4.95.

The original DB burger at DB Bistro Moderne in New York.

A sirloin burger filled with braised short ribs, foie gras, and black truffles. $32.

Denny's Beer Barrel Belly Buster at Denny's Beer Barrel Pub in Clearfield, Pennsylvania.

The world's biggest burger: 11 pounds of beef, 22 slices of cheese, three whole tomatoes, and a jar's worth of pickles. No one person has ever finished it. $49.95.

The Krispy Kreme burger at the Gateway Grizzlies ballpark concession stand in St. Louis.

A bacon cheeseburger with glazed doughnuts in place of a bun. A thousand-plus calories. Minor league gimmick; major league angina. $4.50.

The deep-fried hamburger at Dyer's Burgers in Memphis.

Instead of a grill, Dyer's uses a cast-iron skillet filled with grease. Old grease. They've been using the same batch since they opened -- in 1912. $3

I'm thrilled whenever a nice, long-standing local place gets national press. :thumbsup: I generally go to SG for breakfast. The ice cream isn't bad either, especially the blueberry.

Drc, I recommend going to the one on Middle Turnpike (rather than the one in the Parkade) - better atmosphere.

Roadfood.com's review of Shady Glen.

Hmmm...

Courant Blurb: Video Included

Equire Magazine

The Five Most Decadent Burgers in the United States of America:

The cheeseburger at Shady Glen Dairy Stores in Manchester, Connecticut.

Four carefully arranged pieces of cheese extending far beyond the border of the patty melt directly on the grill, creating a chewy crust that is as difficult to describe as it is to digest. $4.95.

The best burgers anywhere! I love them! (and Shady Glen is famous, I saw Paul Newman and JoAnne Woodward in there once.)

The original DB burger at DB Bistro Moderne in New York.

A sirloin burger filled with braised short ribs, foie gras, and black truffles. $32.

Hmmm...32 Dollars for a Cheeseburger??Is it made with KOBE BEEF?

Denny's Beer Barrel Belly Buster at Denny's Beer Barrel Pub in Clearfield, Pennsylvania.

The world's biggest burger: 11 pounds of beef, 22 slices of cheese, three whole tomatoes, and a jar's worth of pickles. No one person has ever finished it. $49.95.

49.95 for a BURGER in Clearfield, Pennsylvania? Jeez, do you get a free heart bypass operation after you eat it? No thanks, A burger is not worth that!

The Krispy Kreme burger at the Gateway Grizzlies ballpark concession stand in St. Louis.

A bacon cheeseburger with glazed doughnuts in place of a bun. A thousand-plus calories. Minor league gimmick; major league angina. $4.50.

One word -- YUCK!

The deep-fried hamburger at Dyer's Burgers in Memphis.

Instead of a grill, Dyer's uses a cast-iron skillet filled with grease. Old grease. They've been using the same batch since they opened -- in 1912. $3

Old Grease? No Thanks -- I'm not sure if I want something cooked in 2 day old grease, let alone grease that is 95 YEARS old.