Rell To Shake Up DOT

drc72

Concerned by the expanding list of safety and construction problems associated with a project to improve a busy stretch of I-84 near Waterbury, Gov. M. Jodi Rell said Saturday she is setting in motion a "top-to-bottom" reorganization of the troubled state Department of Transportation.

Read on.......

http://www.courant.com/news/politics/hc-do...-headlines-home

Looks like the DOT may finally be getting new blood.....

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Concerned by the expanding list of safety and construction problems associated with a project to improve a busy stretch of I-84 near Waterbury, Gov. M. Jodi Rell said Saturday she is setting in motion a "top-to-bottom" reorganization of the troubled state Department of Transportation.

Read on.......

http://www.courant.com/news/politics/hc-do...-headlines-home

Looks like DOT may finally be getting new blood.....

I'd like to see faster and more frequent service on the Danbury and Waterbury branches of Metro North. That and some major road fixes.

And of course, the I wish it would happen but probably not for a long time if ever (unless I beecome governor): Mileage based exit numbering on the highways.

I would love to see Connecticut get into Mass-transit!! The new SLN as I call it would be a start, but Rell should hire someone in PRIVATE INDUSTRY (Maybe the VP of the Providence & Worcester RR). I think it would be wonderful to see some of these 'RAIL-Trails' return to RAILS.

I would love to see the DOT talk to NYDOT about getting together to rebuild the Poughkeepsie - Highland bridge. Rail frieght to New England would increase!

JimS

Archived