New condo project in Capital Mall North area

smeagolsfree

There will be a story in the CP tomorrow about a new project on 3rd Ave. north next to the District lofts.

I had reported that there was core drilling on this site several months ago and there is a rezoning sign in the lot. The project will have 2, 6 story buildings with 200 plus condo units and lower level retail. I will leave the rest of the story to Williams

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

look in the business section of today's CP in the PDF version (link at left side).... requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. For those who can't, it's not a remarkable building by any stretch. It's at flat-roof building with a sto pediment across the top. It's very linear and apparently will be sited (back to back) with its twin fronting 4th Ave. Apparently parking will be in between the two buildings. Jackson Street will run on the north boundary of this project and a Greenway on the south end (it appears to bisect the whole block bound by 3rd/4th/Jackson/Harrison.

I think some positives about this building will be its brick facade from floors 2-6 and some natural material on the street level. Also, appears to be retail at street level. Further, the massing of this building and 250+ additional residents to a potential 24-hour DT will be welcome. It appears to be an improvement over the Harrison townhomes project.

Sorry about that guys, Dont know whaty happened but the link is above in Nashvillain's post.

I think another positives about this project is the link it may provide between Germantown and DT. Third Ave N. is going to be a happening place in a few years. Another good thing about this project is the factt hat there will be first floor retail.

Archived