Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

imaterry78247

ATLANTA

20 posts in this topic

Hmmm. Do mean best in terms of fine dining or a restaurant that best "represents" Atlanta?

If it's fine dining, I'd probably go with Bacchanalia.

If it's the restaurant that best represents Atlanta, I think I'd go with the Varsity.

My personal favorite is Dantanna's. It's a sports bar without a sports bar feel. Great atmosphere, excellent food, and a huge bar with all the HD sports one would ever need. There's also a separate cigar bar located in the back and they expanded their patio last year. The daily seafood speacials are phenomenal and reasonably priced.

Well that's sort of the reason I asked because if you're just looking for a 'best of' you might go with fine dining but my personal favorites are usually a little less formal than the fine dining establishments.

It really depends on what kind of experience you're looking for.

At any rate my favorites in addition the the great choices mentioned by shanthemanatl.

Rathbun's

The Globe

Ecco

Some highly rated places ...

Chops or Bone's - which are often ranked among the top 10 steakhouses in the country

Sotto Sotto - Italian

Nava - Southwestern

Bluepointe - Modern American

My favorite is Everybody's Pizza. I always try to eat there when I'm in town. Certainly not the most expensive, but they were voted best pizza by the readers of Creative Loafing. Quite an achievement. :rofl:

Anybody been to Roxx?? It was recommended to me, just curious!

I would have to say that Bacchanalia, Bluepointe, Bones, and Panos & Pauls and Veni Vidi Vici best represent Atlanta at it's best.

Yeah, Roxx is actually pretty good. Relaxed, laid back atmosphere, mostly "comfort" food on the menu. Draws a large gay crowd.

Got to try Roxx out this week! Good food (Had a Black and Blue burger with tavern chips! Yummy!!) Next on the list is 'Cowtippers!'

Haven't been to Cowtippers in about 5 years, but I always got pretty good meals there. Be sure to sit on the patio!

I would have to say that Bacchanalia, Bluepointe, Bones, and Panos & Pauls and Veni Vidi Vici best represent Atlanta at it's best.

Went to Cowtippers last night, food was pretty good! (the bartender was might cute and friendly as well, sure he just wanted better tips!) Did the patio thing, beautiful night for it....

not sure what the next ATL eatery will be to try.....

If it's fine dining, I'd probably go with Bacchanalia.

If it's the restaurant that best represents Atlanta, I think I'd go with the Varsity.

Hmm...now that I think about it, this might go better in the off-topic section.

Has anyone mentioned the Sundial yet? It was one of the first revolving restaurants of its kind and has kind become synonymous with the Westin Peachtree's tower.

Hmm...now that I think about it, this might go better in the off-topic section.

Has anyone mentioned the Sundial yet? It was one of the first revolving restaurants of its kind and has kind become synonymous with the Westin Peachtree's tower.