From the Downtown Home Tour today

smeagolsfree

Just got back from the Downtown home tour. This would be the first group of phots for you guys. I will try and get a few more up a little later. Saw several of you guys out today. Hope you enjoyed the show. It was a great day for the tour.

From atop the West View

IMG_1859.jpg

IMG_1860.jpg

Homewood Suites under construction in Doctors building

IMG_1855.jpg

IMG_1853.jpg

The Adelicia

IMG_1851.jpg

Harrison Square Phase 1 and 2

IMG_1846.jpg

Rolling Mill hill

IMG_1839.jpg

Atop the Viridian

IMG_1804.jpg

IMG_1840.jpg

Just 1.2 million in the Viridian

IMG_1832.jpg

IMG_1834.jpg

IMG_1831.jpg

IMG_1823.jpg

Terrazzo Sales Center form Viridian

IMG_1825.jpg

SunTrust Rising

IMG_1805.jpg

5th & Main rising

IMG_1806.jpg

Ghost Dance Rising

IMG_1800.jpg

Encore Rising

IMG_1797.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I unfortunately am not able to make it down to Nashville too often these days, this is my first time seeing some of these projects and i've got to say, i'm a little confused at the placement of some of these buildings. I realize you've got to start somewhere, and I am so glad to see this 'urban building boom' happen in all corners of the city, but this, for example:

IMG_1806.jpg

Really, why would anyone want to live there? I thought the point of urban living was to be within very close proximity to all sorts of amenities? This place borders an empty field, an expressway on-ramp, and a gas station. I'm not saying I don't support the project, but can someone tell me, what are the perks of living in such a place? Many of you probably know the surrounding neighborhood much better than I do.

Hey, green space and a place to fill up are amenities ;). I understand your pondering, though. I think that you have to see the bigger picture. One day, just one day there will be much more surrounding these highrises because they will spark development. Whole neighborhoods will emerge or mix with old and new, just look at the Gulch.

The site isn't as desolate as it looks. At the intersection of 5th and Main, you have ready access (even walking or bus) to downtown just across the river, less than a half mile or so away. You're basically on the edge of Edgefield, Five Points and all of East Nashville. A five minute drive in many directions will put you right in the middle of lots of amenities. This project will, itself, include retail and restaurant offerings.

The photo is a little deceiving. If taken from the opposite vantage point facing downtown, I think you'd see the point more clearly.

I have always thought that 5 and Main is a bit of a pioneer in its location. Nevertheless, Dave knows that area as well as anybody, and I know it's just one block over (to the right in the photo) from Woodland and 4 blocks from Five Points. Now I haven't seen any recent news, but that part of Main is slated for a major beautification project with a fountain in the median and lots of greenscape and lighting. Underground utilities? I don't know, but Main/Gallatin is screaming for a big change in that area.

Yes it is a pioneer project, but remmeber this is phase I of a III phase project. Many of these units ar moer affordable than their counterparts DT. You are very close to the 5 points area and a ten minute walk DT. It is not near as bad as you may think. Its also only about two or three blocks from City View Condos.

Here are some pictures from yesterday. I have more from The Stahlman, The Phoenix Lofts and Broadway lofts. I have to say that there is something to be said about the smaller developments and their personality.

That being said, it was a great day to be downtown! It was also exciting to see so many people out yesterday. I think that they should look at some type of full weekend "Live it up" festival to help people really feel the vibe of downtown.

Waiting for it to start

Stillbefore12pmwheneverthingstarts.jpg

Standing tall

Standingtall.jpg

Church Street Lofts (the roof)

ChurchStreetlofts1.jpg

Church Street Lofts

ChurchStreetlofts2.jpg

ChurchStreetlofts3.jpg

ChurchStreetlofts8.jpg

ChurchStreetlofts7.jpg

ChurchStreetlofts6.jpg

ChurchStreetlofts5.jpg

ChurchStreetlofts4.jpg

Looking Down to the Cumberland at The Terrazzo Sales Center in the L & C tower

LookingdownontheCumberlandfromtheLC.jpg

LookingdownontheCumberlandfromth-1.jpg

Terrazzo Sales Center

TheTerrazzoSalesCenter1.jpg

TheTerrazzoSalesCenter2.jpg

Walking to The Viridan

PrintersAlley.jpg

Hey Lexy what kind of Jet is that? LOL

LexywhatJetisThatone.jpg

The Viridian

TheVirdian1.jpg

TheVirdian2.jpg

TheVirdian3.jpg

Again it was great to see everyone and I will try to post the other pictures later.

Thank you Downtown Cliff. Here are the pictures of The Phoenix. It is an incredible place that these pictures can't do justice.

The Phoenix

Ph1.jpg

PH2.jpg

ph3.jpg

PH4.jpg

PH5.jpg

PH6.jpg

PH7.jpg

PH8.jpg

PH9.jpg

PH10.jpg

PH11.jpg

PH12.jpg

PH13.jpg

PH14.jpg

PH15.jpg

Like I said they can't do justice, but just imagine the nightlife on the weekends when looking down at Printers Alley. Who needs tv?

Here are the pictures of The Stahlman Building. Again they don't do the place justice Part because I posted while waiting on a flight today and I don't have Paint Shop Pro to adjust them. But mainly because you have to be there to really see it all.

The Exchange (Sorry My Mistake)

ST3.jpg

ST6.jpg

ST4.jpg

ST5.jpg

ST2.jpg

ST1.jpg

ST7.jpg

ST8.jpg

The Stahlman Building

ST9.jpg

ST10.jpg

ST11.jpg

ST12.jpg

ST13.jpg

ST14.jpg

ST15.jpg

ST16.jpg

ST17.jpg

ST18.jpg

ST19.jpg

ST20.jpg

ST21.jpg

ST22.jpg

ST23.jpg

That is all I have. Anymore and I would just be repeating some of the other great shots already posted.

Archived