Project Skyline

g-man430

Has it occured to anyone that this could possibly involve the long-overdue redevelopment of County Square? That is both in direct view of the current skyline, and would be a fantastic location for a massive addition to the skyline. I know this may have nothing to do with County Square or even downtown, but it is certainly worth considering. A new County government tower along with additional towers would be a very nice collaboration and addition this city. :shades:

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has it occured to anyone that this could possibly involve the long-overdue redevelopment of County Square? That is both in direct view of the current skyline, and would be a fantastic location for a massive addition to the skyline. I know this may have nothing to do with County Square or even downtown, but it is certainly worth considering. A new County government tower along with additional towers would be a very nice collaboration and addition this city. :shades:

I'm really having trouble wrapping my mind around the sheer size of this. When BMW first invested with their plant here, that was less than 800 million I believe (wasn't living here then). They've done a couple of additions at 200 million and 400 million. That only totals 1.4 billion for a facility where employment tops 4,500 people.

This new development, whatever it is, is 1.9 billion.......5 million more than BMW's total investment. This has to be something HUGE! Wouldn't the state be involved with something of this magnitude? There has to be rumblings out there.....someone must know something. :dontknow:

Whatever it is, I wouldn't mind seeing it built along the Southern Connector. This is one area that needs something like this very badly and would benefit greatly from it. You would also have Donaldson Center nearby if it's aviation oriented.

I doubt this has anything to do with the word "skyline." Remember how South Financial's project code name was Pogo? That word obviously had nothing to do with banking. It says it is a South Carolina and Florida Corporation looking to build a new headquarters here. What large company has a presence in both SC and Florida currently?

The Laurens County part is really throwing me off. Why would we need to be cooperating with them for this project? Is it possible that the company could be having their main operations in Greenville County and some sort of satellite operation in Laurens County? Or could it involve a company currently located in Laurens County? I know that the huge Wal-Mart distribution center is in Laurens County, but I wouldn't think it has anything to do with that.

Any thoughts or opinions?

All I know is that if this comes through, population could quite possibly EXPLODE in the Greenville metro. I hope we can handle the growth. *ahem* Greenville County, wake up! A target/walmart/etc on Pelham Rd will be the LEAST of your worries. :whistling:

The Laurens County part is really throwing me off. Why would we need to be cooperating with them for this project? Is it possible that the company could be having their main operations in Greenville County and some sort of satellite operation in Laurens County? Or could it involve a company currently located in Laurens County? I know that the huge Wal-Mart distribution center is in Laurens County, but I wouldn't think it has anything to do with that.

Any thoughts or opinions?

You and me both as well as everyone else. :lol:

Ok, heres my opinion on it. I think that they are probably going to build a office tower downtown that will be the largest tower in downtown Greenville. The production side of the company will probably be located in south greenville at the matrix. There will probably be some other facilities that will include laurens county. Once again it is only a guess, but I sure hope Im right.

Ok, heres my opinion on it. I think that they are probably going to build a office tower downtown that will be the largest tower in downtown Greenville. The production side of the company will probably be located in south greenville at the matrix. There will probably be some other facilities that will include laurens county. Once again it is only a guess, but I sure hope Im right.

The resolution for Project Skyline "A" says that the development will be "a mixed use, business, office, hotel, restaurant, residential, commercial and corporate headquarters project." But it also says, as has been mentioned, that it "will be located in a joint county business park existing between the County and Laurens County." I've never heard of a mixed use project, especially of this proposed magnitude, being located in a business park.

I'm not sure that this is referring to three projects; the resolutions seem to be slight variations of one big project, perhaps encompassing several different scenarios?

:shok: I think we are totally under-estimating this, especially if it happens. I just received this back from one of the county council members I emailed earlier today:

This is one of the biggest projects that we have seen in a long time. It involves three projects in one. There could be a large HQ here. Still a lot of speculation about the project. -Judy Gilstrap

Archived