Project Skyline

g-man430

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anybody just see what Butch Kirven said about the project on WYFF? By what he said, if this does go through then it will be fantastic and something the entire upstate and Greenville will be proud of. He said it was a very large company that has an excellent track record.

I think probubly the applicants are developers who want to do a hugh mixed use development, but I don't see anything that says the applicants would be the user of the Corporate HQ or that anybody other than the applicant is in Florida or SC. So the HQ company could come from anywhere.

^With the state corporation investing almost $2 billion by itself, I wouldn't rule anything out, including BMW.

I'm thinking this development won't be in downtown proper, but might have close proximity to downtown (like ICAR/Millenium Campus). It might even serve to expand downtown, who knows?

Over 2 billion. This is huge. My money is on aerospace, but has anyone suggested GE? It's a local company that already has a lot invested. They just had their shareholders meeting in G'ville.

It would be a shame if nothing significant get's built downtown as a result of this. How about one 25 floor tower downtown. A 15 floor structure near Haywood Road and another 15 floor building somewhere near the 85 / 385 interchange? Kind of spread the skyline around a bit.

Anyway you slice it though - this is great for G'ville. A quality company making a major investment. :thumbsup:

If it's a company already located in the state of South Carolina, it doesn't necessarily have to be their headquarters. In fact, I am not sure how many SC-headquartered companies are large enough to warrant this type of investment. It almost certainly has to be a corporation that everyone has heard of with a lot of brand recognition - especially for the type of money we're talking about.

Could BMW be moving its corporate HQ to Greenville from New Jersey?

Could Michelin be moving its corporate HQ from France to Greenville?

What about GE drastically increasing its operations in Greenville?

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Rolls Royce, as automotive plus aerospace projects of theirs would be a perfect fit here. I don't know if it is realistic, but I think it would be really cool. They could collaborate with ICAR, and also be part of our burgeoning aerospace cluster...

If it's a company already located in the state of South Carolina, it doesn't necessarily have to be their headquarters. In fact, I am not sure how many SC-headquartered companies are large enough to warrant this type of investment. It almost certainly has to be a corporation that everyone has heard of with a lot of brand recognition - especially for the type of money we're talking about.

Why is Office Depot continuing to jump out at me on that list? Does anyone know their situation in Florida?

P.S. Imagine the ill will it would create if we stole SCANA from Columbia. :lol: In all seriousness, I don't think the state government would support that at all - and SCANA doesn't seem to warrant the kind of investment we're talking about here.

Greenville, you're too much. :rofl:

That list shows that we have some catching up to do. Publix and Winn Dixie are on that list. Come on Bilo, you're a big opportunity to get another Fortune 1000 company in the state bringing our total to 5! :D

Edit: typo

Archived