How many of you've driven from Jane, MO to Fort Smith lately?

This place is getting seriously, SERIOUSLY huge.

Sure there's the six mile gap south of the Bobby Hopper tunnel that may never be filled, and houses and farms above the tunnel between Winslow and West Fork are hidden by foliage (though their lights are visible at night, even at the north end).

- I'm amazed by how many nice homes have been built in Van Buren, even in areas where you can't see them off I-40.

- Massard Road has had a lot of things spring up in SE Forth Smith.

- Alma is now all the way up to the unincorporated community of "Dean's Market", south of Mountainburg.

- NWA is...well, NWA. But when the Renaissance Tower (yes I think it's going to be built...the developer looked more annoyed than worried on TV the other day), Crystal Bridges, Grandview Heights at Coose Hollow, the NWA Naturals stadium, the projects around the Promenade, etc. are built...we're going to be amazed at how the changes which will follow, IMO.

(The only thing I don't believe will happen is the Arena project south of Rogers, but even then I think this area's so special that if Chris Talley's group doesn't build it, someone else will.)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure there's the six mile gap south of the Bobby Hopper tunnel that may never be filled, and houses and farms above the tunnel between Winslow and West Fork are hidden by foliage (though their lights are visible at night, even at the north end).

- I'm amazed by how many nice homes have been built in Van Buren, even in areas where you can't see them off I-40.

- Alma is now all the way up to the unincorporated community of "Dean's Market", south of Mountainburg.

- NWA is...well, NWA. But when the Renaissance Tower (yes I think it's going to be built...the developer looked more annoyed than worried on TV the other day), Crystal Bridges, Grandview Heights at Coose Hollow, the NWA Naturals stadium, the projects around the Promenade, etc. are built...we're going to be amazed at how the changes which will follow, IMO.

(The only thing I don't believe will happen is the Arena project south of Rogers, but even then I think this area's so special that if Chris Talley's group doesn't build it, someone else will.)

This place is getting seriously, SERIOUSLY caught up with the rest of the country. :lol: Just kidding, it is really, REALLY impressive all those things being built in this area. Maybe not as impressive as most other places, but still VERY impressive considering this area.

It's all relative. Just take a day or two to drive up through Kansas, Nebraska, the Dakotas, Iowa.......it really makes you appreciate this area. Sure they have their Omahas, their Kansas City's, but when you compare their smaller cities to our smaller cities like Bentonville and Rogers, it's amazing what we have.

Growth for growth's sake isn't that impressive to me, but I'm cynical. I like rural. I was in Morgantown, WV last year and I saw something disturbing -- the tops were blown off of the mountains to make more space for sprawl development (like big boxes).

I just feel like someday we're going to wake up and say "Hey, what happened to the Ozark Mountains? I swear they were here yesterday...."

Yeah even though this probably won't happen anytime in the near future, you almost wonder if there will end up being a sprawling groups of metros that somewhat grow together. Considering the growth of NWA and southwest Missouri and then the Springfield-Branson area that's not too far away either.

Yeah even though this probably won't happen anytime in the near future, you almost wonder if there will end up being a sprawling groups of metros that somewhat grow together. Considering the growth of NWA and southwest Missouri and then the Springfield-Branson area that's not too far away either.

Archived