Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tombarnes

Eastern Market

5 posts in this topic

Eastern Market Heavily Damaged by Fire

The Eastern Market on Capitol Hill, was severely damaged by an overnight fire which apparently spread from a nearby dumpster. Mayor Adrian Fenty and Eleanor Holmes Norton toured the site this morning. Both vow to rebuild the city-owned property. This is more than just another building. The Eastern Market is the cultural heart of a neighborhood. Fortunately, the fire was contained to only about half of the building. I will post more information as it becomes available.

The Washington Post

This is really sad, I love Eastern Market. I hope they rebuild it quickly.

Ditto to that that! I have a painting on my wall that I bought in the art gallery in Eastern Market. I sure hope that the building is rebuilt and the merchants can move back in as soon as possible.

This is truly sad. I haven't been to DC since last fall, but I usually drop by the Eastern Market whenever I'm in the neighborhood. I hope it gets rebuilt and the vendors reopen as before.

This is truly sad. I haven't been to DC since last fall, but I usually drop by the Eastern Market whenever I'm in the neighborhood. I hope it gets rebuilt and the vendors reopen as before.