Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

winthropalum

1,000 Acre Project going up in Rock Hill

21 posts in this topic

We were disuccing this in another thread, but this could probably handle its own thread. I didn't realize that there would be so may uses associated with this development. I'm intrigued by the prospect of a shoping center that could rival Carolina Place Mall and the industrial complex as part of this development. The other thread labeled this as pure sprawl, but perhaps this is more than that?

This is actually a different project than the one I mentioned on the other thread. That one is proposed to be built on timber land owned by Celanese near Lancaster County. This one is on the actual site of Celanese directly beside Rock Hill. I hope for the best for this project, but I hope they can preserve more land along the river.

Oh, well thats dissapointing. I hoped that we had learned of progress with that other site. Oh well....

Oh, well thats dissapointing. I hoped that we had learned of progress with that other site. Oh well....

I'm not sure where that other development was discussed- I don't really have time to look for it right this second. Perhaps someone else can provide a link.

I would expect that this new shopping center will not be a "mall' in the traditional sense. The latest trend in commercial retail is to build these power center things. Think Birkdale Village in Charlotte, or Village at Sandhill in Columbia. I know that there are some similar shopping centers on Dave Lyle. Can't think of the name though. Think that, but larger and with more of that "town center" feel to it. That is what I would expect for this site.

I knew about the iindustrial component, but not about the residential and retail components of othis project; the whole thing is pretty impressive. As the article mentioned, the biggest selling point here is infrastructure.

This sounds like it could be a great mixed use development. I wonder of the residential component would include condo's, townhomes, and apartments as well as single family homes. I also wonder if a new school would be built in the area to handle the possible influx of new residents.

This sounds like it could be a great mixed use development. I wonder of the residential component would include condo's, townhomes, and apartments as well as single family homes. I also wonder if a new school would be built in the area to handle the possible influx of new residents.

The city is in the process of purchasing land for the 4th and 5th 4A high schools... #4 should be built in the next 3 years, with #5 coming in the next 7-8. There are already numurous new middle school's and elementry school's underway.

They had about 30 bulldozers out on the site this morning. This is going to be probably the coolest project in Rock Hill ever, besides the downtown redevelopment. I can't wait.

Any renderings or retail confirmations for this project yet?

I still have yet to visit Birkdale.

Wow thats impressive. I'll wait to see some site plans before I make a final opinion. You never know how these things will turn out. It looks like it will be a great development though.

Very grand plans! That industrial park is going to be huge.

I'm more excited about the retail shops/ bars/ restaurants.....Going to be really neat for North Rock Hill.