Should vehicle traffic be allowed on Main Street?

mandrws1

Main Street traffic  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should Main Street be opened up to vehicle traffic?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No...BUT the trolley service needs to be replaced with real light rail that runs on a real schedule. The current setup isn't real transportation with 3 northbound trolleys within 5 minutes and 10-25 minutes between southbound trolleys.

I think the Main Street line needs modern light rail cars running on a reasonable schedule and should be connected to future lines running south of downtown and north near St. Jude (another thread, another day). Connecting Main Street to other commercial and residential areas will help foot traffic immensely.

I'm not so sure allowing traffic would help. Front Street and Madison Avenue are worse off than Main, and they both have much more capacity for traffic. Also, traffic would slow the trolley down, and it's already too slow. Maybe they could just have a trial run by painting some lines on the street and watching how it goes for a couple of months.

I'm not so sure allowing traffic would help. Front Street and Madison Avenue are worse off than Main, and they both have much more capacity for traffic. Also, traffic would slow the trolley down, and it's already too slow. Maybe they could just have a trial run by painting some lines on the street and watching how it goes for a couple of months.

Archived