Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nitro

Contemporary Urban Infill?

4 posts in this topic

I'm visiting San Antonio this week for the AIA convention and would like to have some input on good contemporary urban infill projects to visit in the area. Any suggestions are appreciated!

I would check out the Quarry. It is the site of an old quarry where they also made cement. The factor was turned into shops, the quarry itself was turned into a golf course, and the area around the quarry was turned into mostly single family residential. You can easily get to it from downtown by taking 281 north. As the freeway curves past the zoo and park, you will soon see the Quarry on the right side.

I would check out the Quarry. It is the site of an old quarry where they also made cement. The factor was turned into shops, the quarry itself was turned into a golf course, and the area around the quarry was turned into mostly single family residential. You can easily get to it from downtown by taking 281 north. As the freeway curves past the zoo and park, you will soon see the Quarry on the right side.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to catch it next time I get in town. I didn't see this until I got back to Michigan.

Is it just me or is there really not a lot of building construction going on in San Antonio? I saw plenty of road construction but not a lot of new buildings.