I-74 to be named in High Point after next leg is complete

cityboi

currently bypass hwy 311 (future I-74) ends at Business 85 in High Point. the next section (total of 6.2 miles) will continue crossing I-85 near Greensboro and end just east of Archdale in Randolph County. Once this section os complete, the 311 bypass in High Point will offically become I-74 and the future will be removed from the badges. this section should be complete in about 4 years. I-74 will eventualy merge with I-73 and Randolph County. I-73 will be routed through Greensboro.

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../-1/NEWSREC0201

• 3 months later...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you! I have an image stabilizer on my camera which allows me to take shots at high speeds without worrying about blurriness. I usually just prop my camera up next to my radar detector and it stays level there for the whole trip. When my friend and I went down to Bald Head this past Friday I tried setting up my tripod in the passenger seat, didn't work too well. :lol:

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Just saw on the news that the next section of the 311 bypass (I-74) will open by Thanksgiving. The section is between Business 85 in High Point and just east of I-85 south of Greensboro. So you will be seeing Junction I-74 signs along I-85. Guilford County will have more interstates than any other county in the state (I-85, I-40, I-73, I-74, I-785, I-840) That should bode well for the county's economic future. Greensboro will become a major interstate intersection in the southeast region and these highways will be a key factor in attracting jobs and development to the area. Interstate highways intersecting in Greensboro will extend to every region of the country.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived