Verizon Arena

Apparently there will be a lottery to determine which non-UALR ticketholders will be able to get tickets to the NCAA tourney as more than the 6800 available tickets have been requested.

Essentially this makes it a sellout though it is possible some of the NCAA's allotment of 5700 tickets won't be used by some of the smaller schools and could become available.

This bodes well for the city being a future NCAA tourney site.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently there will be a lottery to determine which non-UALR ticketholders will be able to get tickets to the NCAA tourney as more than the 6800 available tickets have been requested.

Essentially this makes it a sellout though it is possible some of the NCAA's allotment of 5700 tickets won't be used by some of the smaller schools and could become available.

This bodes well for the city being a future NCAA tourney site.

I know Alltel has rounds 1 & 2 for '08 and '09. So far, it appears that LR is positioning itself well to host again, so 2 questions. First does anyone know how long most cities have to wait before they can host again, and second, what additional qualifications does a city/venue need to meet in order to host rounds 3 & 4?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We're just going to have to live with it.

Alltel draws everything that Little Rock could expect.

And most people are still thankful we have it, because of what we had before (don't even get me started on that).

With the location it has, and the acts it draws, it will be YEARS before something else is built.

And the people at the arena know that.

I agree that a newer/nicer sign is needed. I agree that the arena really should have a power-washing contract in place to keep the exterior looking sharp. But, as I think I've asked in the past, are these things going to keep acts from coming to North Little Rock? No. Keeping the sign they have doesn't make them "not viable."

I agree that a newer/nicer sign is needed. I agree that the arena really should have a power-washing contract in place to keep the exterior looking sharp. But, as I think I've asked in the past, are these things going to keep acts from coming to North Little Rock? No. Keeping the sign they have doesn't make them "not viable."

I got a letter today from Alltel Arena today saying I got tickets for the 1st and 2nd Rounds of the NCAA tournament!!! I am pumped and can not wait for all the fun to begin! I wonder if everyone that applied got tickets or if there were more than 6000 applicants meaning some people were turned away? I hope Little Rock puts on a good tournament so they will come back.

I got a letter today from Alltel Arena today saying I got tickets for the 1st and 2nd Rounds of the NCAA tournament!!! I am pumped and can not wait for all the fun to begin! I wonder if everyone that applied got tickets or if there were more than 6000 applicants meaning some people were turned away? I hope Little Rock puts on a good tournament so they will come back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I saw in the Democrat Gazette where Alltel Arena was ranked 29th in the US (49th internationally) in Pollstar's top 100 worldwide arena venues. 218,036 tickets were sold to Alltel events. Rankings don't include tickets sold to sporting events by franchises whose homes are the arenas. Alltel beat regional facilities like FedEx Forum in Memphis, AT&T Center in San Antonio and New Orleans Arena.

On another note, I hope they power wash the roof before the NCAA Tournament. It looks horrible.

Archived