Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UrbanCharlotte

40 Story condo tower

34 posts in this topic

This weeks next big thing is a new condo tower. No details on who and where, but there will be condos as high as 10 mil!!!! This is really getting insane

Link to story

Hmm I would say its going to go on the Colony Property on N Tryon or the YWCA lot across from Bobcats Arena.

10 million?? It better be something like 20,000 sq ft.

2000 to 8000 sq.ft. I was thinking the YWCA site as well. Then the n.tryon lot came to mind. We'll have to wait for the whole article to be posted I guess.

Couldn't this be the smaller tower of the Trump project? The price range certainly seems to fit.

40 stories and 99 units. That, to me, says this won't be just condos, unless we're talking REALLY small floorplates, or an average of 4,000 square feet per unit. Condo/hotel maybe? That fits in with the Trump International brand.

40 stories and 99 units. That, to me, says this won't be just condos, unless we're talking REALLY small floorplates, or an average of 4,000 square feet per unit. Condo/hotel maybe? That fits in with the Trump International brand.

Westin sounds right...hadn't thought of that....I was going to say possibly the Wachoiva condo tower.

I was told earlier this week that the Westin would prolly be the next tower announced. They'll be building this one on top of their parking deck.

Sounds like this is it.

Crazy. If it is the Westin, then the Trump project, Wachovia condo tower, and the Novare projects would create an interesting mix of condo towers and product in a very small area.

If Ghazi can cap 277, he could give them a place to shop!

if this is the westin, then i am bummed who would spend 10 mill to live above a parking garage?

19 people reading this topic almost the most i have ever seen, although when trump announcement went out in the o there were like 34 at one time

if this is the westin, then i am bummed who would spend 10 mill to live above a parking garage?

19 people reading this topic almost the most i have ever seen, although when trump announcement went out in the o there were like 34 at one time

I would say most any $10M condo in the country is above a parking garage.....if the building doesn't have onsite parking, it will be hard to acieve that kind of price, even in NYC.

If you were alluding to it's current appearance, I'm willing to bet it will be reclad to look less like a parking deck.

Wow, this is a nice surprise. I hope there is a rendering along with the article - I can't wait to see what Charlotte's next high-rise will look like!

Does the online edition come out around midnight?

Geez. How much is too much. I agree that it's nice to have such exclusive and posh things downtown but come on. 10 million? Anybody recall what the numbers were on how many millionaires live in Charlotte? I know it's a ton, but they already have houses elsewhere. Are they gonna pick up and move, and if so, who will buy their old houses? Or do you think we will attract 99 new multi-millionaires to Charlotte?

I don't think they will be moving here because of this tower, but I have a feeling that Charlotte will be needing to house some people with spare cash in the relatively near future.

I don't think they will be moving here because of this tower, but I have a feeling that Charlotte will be needing to house some people with spare cash in the relatively near future.

Maybe some more people?

maybe some people are tired of endless urban sprawl and dont feel like they need a yard and a big house but can handle living in an apartment... I would be one of those people