Is there enough support for a Wilmington subforum

NcSc74

Why no subforum for large downeast cities. I am sure there are developments that are going on that we don't know about. Just cruising around other states forums it struck me that a whole region of the state has no proper forum. I am positive that Fayetteville, Wilmington and even Greenville has major urban developments going on that everyone in NC would like to at least take a look at a picture. Just asking thats all.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why no subforum for large downeast cities. I am sure there are developments that are going on that we don't know about. Just cruising around other states forums it struck me that a whole region of the state has no proper forum. I am positive that Fayetteville, Wilmington and even Greenville has major urban developments going on that everyone in NC would like to at least take a look at a picture. Just asking thats all.

Show me the MONEY!!! Am not trying to be funny, but were are the websites or links and articles for these MAJOR urban developments in these area 's, don't get me wrong I support downeast cities getting a subforum 100% but you guys have to show the powers that be some MEAT! or other words PROOF. If you guys have anything about Greenville,nc I would love to see picture's of the major urban developments in my favorite downeast city. :D

I understand all points but what I am saying is if this region was combined then maybe there would be enough traffic. I am almost certain this was question was asked before not to sure though. Its too bad I am not set to return home unitl late 08. I would love nothing more than to hit the road and keep on top of everything around my way. Oh well I tried thanx for the quick answers.

I can't judge is there is enough traffic or not. That is just our general policy. The best thing you can do is stay active in Wilmington-related discussions. There is no reason to think that there wont ever be one.

This weekend I am going to post some pictures of some of the new major development that is going on around the Wilmington Metro Area. I will include projects under construction and a few things that have been completed since

the beginning of the year. Check by Sunday afternoon for the pictures.

I posted this same request last year and got the same response from the mods. I Gaurantee you a Wilmington forum would get traffic. The only reason why its not getting any now is because there isnt one!!!

As mentioned above, Wilmington has the second highest population density in the state and the MSA is over 350,000. Does Asheville beat that? I dont know, havent looked at the numbers.

The Wilmington area is unreal...definitely deserves a forum of its own. Im sure it wouldnt be too hard to set up a little space for it and if it gets hits it does, if it doesnt, it could be shut down. No harm in trying and it wouldnt cost much $$. I just think some folks need to get behind the idea.

PPD Employees Take Tour of Downtown Wilmington

http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?s=5740215

Here some more support even though I think Fayetteville needs one as well. By 2011 there will be 25,000 to 30,000 added in metro area. Plus Cape Fear River development: town homes, apartments, & a HUGE PARK!!! Also By 2010 Fayetteville will be the second largest Base of Command right after D.C. (The Pentagon), which even more growth.

The Wilmington area is unreal...definitely deserves a forum of its own. Im sure it wouldnt be too hard to set up a little space for it and if it gets hits it does, if it doesnt, it could be shut down. No harm in trying and it wouldnt cost much $$. I just think some folks need to get behind the idea.

How about "Wilmington and Eastern NC". A lot of people know where Wilmington is thanks to the movie and television industry, and this would also include all other cities in eastern NC. Fayettevile, Greenville, Jacksonville, Rocky Mount etc.

Hello Do you still plan on adding a Wilmington NC forum today? Might I suggest the name of the forum as "Wilmington and Eastern NC". A lot of people know where Wilmington is because of the movie and television

industry and Eastern NC would also include Fayetteville, Jacksonville, Greenville, Rocky Mount etc.

Please excuse duplicate post.

The Wilmington metro area is described by the federal government as New Hanover, Brunswick, and Pender counties. A combined population of 363,000 people as of the July 2006 estimate by the U.S. census. Ranked 145 in the nation according to 2006 census data, just ahead of Savannah Georgia and just behind Tallahassee Florida. New Hanover has a density of around 880 people per square mile, 2nd densest in the state. Brunswick is one of the fastest growing counties in the nation. Wilmington metro ranks 55th in job growth in the nation according to Inc Magazine. Second in North Carolina only to Raleigh. Ranked 38th as best place for business according to Forbes Magazine. CNNmoney.com ranks Wilmington as the 7th best place to invest in real estate.

Yep, The Wilmington metro area.

Real metro areas have over a million people in my book.

I believe New Hanover is 3rd densest now. Wake and Mecklenburg are both denser, but that's not a fair comparison. More like apples and oranges. I like Wilmington though. I used to live in Lake Waccamaw, about 30 minutes from there. I love all the historic Victorians along 3rd St. I would kill to have those kinds of historic neighborhoods around here. We have very few Victorians in Raleigh all clustered near Krispy Kreme and the State Govt. complex. I think a good chunk of them were demolished when they built the state govt. complex.

Archived