Killian's Crossing

Temeteron

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Of course it would be scaled back a bit, but would be more dense--which means it would have some height to it.

Once that site falls into the right hands, people will wonder what took it so long to take off when all the right ingredients were there all along.

^Of course it would be scaled back a bit, but would be more dense--which means it would have some height to it.

Once that site falls into the right hands, people will wonder what took it so long to take off when all the right ingredients were there all along.

Exactly; it is in the middle of the most densely populated area in SC, close to USC, downtown, Shandon and Heathwood. All it needs is the right developer and that property will again be a major destination.

Three things... :stop:

1. Has anyone mentioned the developement at Wilson Blvd and I-77 (Blythewood)? :whistling: It is suppose to have retail mix use and housing and other stuff. The infrastructure is currently being put in now. I can't remember the name of it but if you ride down Wilson towards blythewood from town you will see it on your right just before you reach I-77.

2. The Killian's Crossing Plan looks alot like an area in charlotte near south park mall. I cant recall the name of it right now, but its where the P.F. Changs (love that place) :wub: is located, and there is a movie theatre, and a hotel and several upscale stores and eateries, all below condos, and fronting a gated community.

3. I wish Simon malls would just take "Midtown ..." and just make it an upscaled shopping area, like south park or phipps plaza. I know it wont be as upscale as Phipps, but you get the point! :D

2. The Killian's Crossing Plan looks alot like an area in charlotte near south park mall. I cant recall the name of it right now, but its where the P.F. Changs (love that place) :wub: is located, and there is a movie theatre, and a hotel and several upscale stores and eateries, all below condos, and fronting a gated community.

You're referring to Phillips Place.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think that's close enough though. We see what happened with Penney's opening up at the Village.

I was going to disagree, but you bought up a good point.

I wonder how many people there are like me who will probably never go to VAS on a regular basis (actually, I've never been there and probably never will) because of the traffic.

The traffic isn't really that bad going to VAS. It always seems to be moving smoothly. But I may just be thinking this because I grew up on that side of town and I am just used to it by now. When I went to VAS to see Shrek 3 when it opened, the place was packed. Kids, parents, everyone was everywhere. All restaurants have outdoor areas to eat in and they were full with people talking. It reminded me of the Vista. Then by the new Belk, they have condos with the bottom floors being stores lining the street. I hate to say it but this is a lot better than your average mall. Now we just need to get this happing in downtown Columbia or maybe Cayce/West Columbia.

I think in the long run, Killian's Crossing's proximity to I 77 will be invaluable. I live close to downtown, a few minutes from 277 and it took me less than 15 minutes to get to the KC location yesterday. This is a good 8-10 minutes closer than VAS on a weekend, probably more during the week.

Archived