Killian's Crossing

Temeteron

• 2 months later...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is still alot of construction off Killian. New Walmart and Midlands Honda is now complete....Dick Dyer Toyota is moving from Two Notch to Killian Rd. They are also building a new Lowes (under construction now), Rite Aid, Burger King/Gas Station, and just opened a CVS a couple of months ago off of Killian and Farrow Road.

There is still alot of construction off Killian. New Walmart and Midlands Honda is now complete....Dick Dyer Toyota is moving from Two Notch to Killian Rd. They are also building a new Lowes (under construction now), Rite Aid, Burger King/Gas Station, and just opened a CVS a couple of months ago off of Killian and Farrow Road.

Lowes is building another store on Killian Road? They already have 2 stores in Northeast Columbia. I don't know how 3 Lowes and 2 Home Depots can draw enough business just from NE Richland County and SW Kershaw County.

• 3 weeks later...

^^ I believe that would have been too much for the area. VAS already has some problems due to the economy. Also, there are only so many stores to go around. It's not like there aren't any stores along Two Notch near VAS in the first place. The other issue is traffic, as if it isn't bad enough. I believe Columbia already has a struggle between what is the dominate shopping area, I don't believe we need to spread that out even more.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It has been a while since I've been in Columbia. I drove by this site from I-77 exit all the way towards Village at Sandhills and was shocked and disgusted at all the sprawl I saw! :shok: Do they really need to have so many car dealerships all in just a mile radius? And a Taco Bell built in the middle of nowhere.....a Walgreens and Rite Aid and CVS literally next to each other. This is poor planning at its finest. :sick:

• 2 weeks later...
It has been a while since I've been in Columbia. I drove by this site from I-77 exit all the way towards Village at Sandhills and was shocked and disgusted at all the sprawl I saw! :shok: Do they really need to have so many car dealerships all in just a mile radius? And a Taco Bell built in the middle of nowhere.....a Walgreens and Rite Aid and CVS literally next to each other. This is poor planning at its finest. :sick:

LOL, you live in Charlotte and say you're "shocked and disgusted at all the sprawl you saw" in Columbia. That's a good one! :rofl:

LOL, you live in Charlotte and say you're "shocked and disgusted at all the sprawl you saw" in Columbia. That's a good one! :rofl:

krazeeboi, Charlotte doesn't have that much sprawl...Pineville, Ballanatyne, Rock Hill, & Concord are the sprawl queens. No I don't consider Ballantyne a part of Charlotte.

I just passed the Killian's Crossing site this afternoon. Thank God for the county's tree ordinance. That's going to be a whole lot of shade trees. That tract is absolutely huge, and right now there's hardly a tree standing, if any.

i hope they keep some trees left and plant new ones. and a bunch of palmettos also

i hope they keep some trees left and plant new ones. and a bunch of palmettos also

They have to by ordinance. They specifically have to plant grand trees. They don't specifically have to plant palmettos, but I'm sure they'll bombard the place with them because of their popularity.

krazeeboi, Charlotte doesn't have that much sprawl...Pineville, Ballanatyne, Rock Hill, & Concord are the sprawl queens. No I don't consider Ballantyne a part of Charlotte.

It doesn't matter what you think, Ballantyne is very much a part of Charlotte and is actually in the Charlotte city limits; NE Richland is not in Columbia city limits. Ballantyne is sprawl, University is sprawl, Northlake is sprawl, all the cookie-cutter houses and office parks along the I-485 perimeter is sprawl, Steele Creek is mostly sprawl, and on and on and on. You're delusional if you think Charlotte doesn't have that much sprawl; much more so if you think it has less than Columbia.

It doesn't matter what you think, Ballantyne is very much a part of Charlotte and is actually in the Charlotte city limits; NE Richland is not in Columbia city limits. Ballantyne is sprawl, University is sprawl, Northlake is sprawl, all the cookie-cutter houses and office parks along the I-485 perimeter is sprawl, Steele Creek is mostly sprawl, and on and on and on. You're delusional if you think Charlotte doesn't have that much sprawl; much more so if you think it has less than Columbia.

i seen much much sprawl in both Columbia and Charlotte. in Charlotte a lot more but, What you say is very true

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone think Killian Crossing will work? I'm thinking that it needs to have a good game plan and needs to differentiate itself from Sandhill to work. Learn from Sandhill's flaws and where it has failed. Look at more successful centers in other communities. Sandhill went in thinking if you build it the tenants would come. Some of them did, but ultimately it was all mid-range stuff. Thus Killian needs an attractive plan to lure in those designer names. Personally my wishlist is:

*H&M

*Brooks Brothers

*Banana Republic

*Lucky Brand

*Urban Outfitters

*J. Crew

*Guess?

*Something like a Fresh Market or Whole Foods or Trader Joe's

*Nordstrom Rack(a stretch but hey!)

I actually have heard the possibility of a Tanger Outlet Center or something like the outlet center in Gaffney is going in. That's fine with me and might be better for Columbia at the moment...only if they have a good selection of stores though!

Archived