615 South College (Portman Office Tower near Westin)

CarolinaDaydreamin

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

This tower should be complete in early 2017 according to this Charlotte O article

(The Charlotte Observer December 22, 2015)

By Ely Portillo

Last year, one of the first stories I wrote on the development beat contained this pronouncement from Gov. Pat McCrory: “The cranes are back.”

The pronouncement still holds true, as two new cranes joined the metal forest sprouting between the skyscrapers of uptown Charlotte. They were erected within the last few days to build an office tower and a new hotel, further evidence that the city’s record building boom is still gaining steam.

They join cranes that are already in place building apartment towers such as the Mint Museum project by Childress Klein, Ascent by Greystar and SkyHouse II by Grubb Properties and Novare, as well as the 300 South Tryon office tower by Spectrum Properties. 

Here are the newest cranes uptown:

3 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Not sure what that black box is  but just trying to say it 2017 completion same year as 300 South Tryon so we should have 1 million sq feet of office space come online in 1 year but 300K looks leased in 300 South Tryon already. 

Yeah the date for this one has been set for a while. was originally going to be 2016 but I don't see that happening. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jayvee said:

It has, but never hurts to have a refresh. They are looking to top out in August.

here is a pretty video too

Tell Portman to lose the 'NC.'

If you're showing Charlotte superimposed on a map of North Carolina, must it really be added?

It's a shame Charlotte cannot ditch North Carolina altogether.

8 minutes ago, Silicon Dogwoods said:

If you're showing Charlotte superimposed on a map of North Carolina, must it really be added?

I feel like Charlotte is the Austin of NC. Neither city wants anything to do with the state they are in lol. :offtopic:

5 hours ago, Jayvee said:

I feel like Charlotte is the Austin of NC. Neither city wants anything to do with the state they are in lol. :offtopic:

Every day for Charlotte in North Carolina is like going to Thanksgiving Dinner with that embarrassing great uncle or great aunt.

They're hopelessly out of touch with the real world.  Your great aunt always wears way too much perfume. They drive an old Buick and always ask you where you're goin' to church.

You love them-sort of-but the uncle's always got his hand in your pocket trying to give you a pinch and check for change!

The less you see/hear/smell of them, the better.

I want Charlotte to be able to drop the NC, but that has nothing to do with my feelings about the rest of the state. That's not why I thought anyone wanted to drop the NC. Charlotte is large enough that people should know what state it is in... That's the extent of the argument.

As for the NC Govt being out of touch with the real world, I think they are just out of touch with some people's real world. I think they are fairly representative of most people in NC and the South and many other conservative areas of the country.

So, to recap... drop NC because we don't need it not because of shame of NC and also realize not everyone is a communist... uh liberal (just a joke for the humor challenged who wouldn't realize).

7 hours ago, Dale said:

Huh ? I live in Charlotte and have a favorable view of NC.

I even appreciate the new governor finally getting teachers a pay raise after years of Purdue. I don't care for the federal government or the lamebrains in charge, but we're stuck. But seriously, aren't we off topic. I thought we were discussing a building?

• 1 month later...
On February 23, 2016 at 9:00 AM, Silicon Dogwoods said:

On February 23, 2016 at 9:09 AM, Jayvee said:

On February 23, 2016 at 10:42 AM, Dale said:

Huh ? I live in Charlotte and have a favorable view of NC.

On February 23, 2016 at 11:12 AM, Jayvee said:

Government/politically speaking

On February 23, 2016 at 11:27 AM, Dale said:

I'm not embarrassed about NC politics. I very nearly moved to California in 2013. Now, I would have been embarrassed about its politics. I'd have been like a little Austin, TX there!

On February 23, 2016 at 2:31 PM, Silicon Dogwoods said:

Every day for Charlotte in North Carolina is like going to Thanksgiving Dinner with that embarrassing great uncle or great aunt.

They're hopelessly out of touch with the real world.  Your great aunt always wears way too much perfume. They drive an old Buick and always ask you where you're goin' to church.

You love them-sort of-but the uncle's always got his hand in your pocket trying to give you a pinch and check for change!

The less you see/hear/smell of them, the better.

On February 23, 2016 at 4:54 PM, jednc said:

I want Charlotte to be able to drop the NC, but that has nothing to do with my feelings about the rest of the state. That's not why I thought anyone wanted to drop the NC. Charlotte is large enough that people should know what state it is in... That's the extent of the argument.

As for the NC Govt being out of touch with the real world, I think they are just out of touch with some people's real world. I think they are fairly representative of most people in NC and the South and many other conservative areas of the country.

So, to recap... drop NC because we don't need it not because of shame of NC and also realize not everyone is a communist... uh liberal (just a joke for the humor challenged who wouldn't realize).

On February 23, 2016 at 6:04 PM, caterpillar2 said:

I even appreciate the new governor finally getting teachers a pay raise after years of Purdue. I don't care for the federal government or the lamebrains in charge, but we're stuck. But seriously, aren't we off topic. I thought we were discussing a building?

I'm fairly new here, but it feels like discussions in every thread on new projects gets sidetracked by poli-board talk.  I understand HB2 just passed, and so it's on our collective conscious, but damn if I get tired of wading through comments after comments to get through to the development updates. 

Archived