615 South College (Portman Office Tower near Westin)

CarolinaDaydreamin

3 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Couple updated renderings of 615. 

They updated the cap on top of the deck to have sail coverings of the cars and only 1/4 capped with green space. While i like the appearance of the sales, I think the reduction in green space is disappointing. 

Worth noting in both renderings is they changed the cantilevered roof feature. Looks more solid and on a slight diagonal. I like it. Should look really cool from ground level. 

Given how these things usually go, I'm going to take the silver lining that any rooftop green space has survived this long. 

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know when this tower will top out? According to the webcam it looks like 12 stories over the existing garage but not sure how many floors they count below that. According to the Business Journal last week they are getting lots of interest in the space now that you can see it and experience the views etc. 

30 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Does anyone know when this tower will top out? According to the webcam it looks like 12 stories over the existing garage but not sure how many floors they count below that. According to the Business Journal last week they are getting lots of interest in the space now that you can see it and experience the views etc. 

I love the fact that they worked in terrace areas to entertain clients, have small get togethers, take a breather without having to go down to street level.  The dark horse in Charlotte commercial real estate IMO.

11 minutes ago, alb1no panther said:

I love the fact that they worked in terrace areas to entertain clients, have small get togethers, take a breather without having to go down to street level.  The dark horse in Charlotte commercial real estate IMO.

Horray, lets discourage people from using the street levels. 

Just now, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Horray, lets discourage people from using the street levels. 

I think you know what I mean.  We're all like-minded people who want to see urban living (read:  street presence) on a grand scale.  That said, there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a great option multiple stories up in the sky with views of the skyline and SouthEnd to host events or to enjoy a 5 minute respite from the white noise of the office.  That has nothing to do with the overall direction of Charlotte and our regrettable Overstreet Mall situation.  You against Rooftop balconies now?

5 minutes ago, alb1no panther said:

I think you know what I mean.  We're all like-minded people who want to see urban living (read:  street presence) on a grand scale.  That said, there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a great option multiple stories up in the sky with views of the skyline and SouthEnd to host events or to enjoy a 5 minute respite from the white noise of the office.  That has nothing to do with the overall direction of Charlotte and our regrettable Overstreet Mall situation.  You against Rooftop balconies now?

My office building in Brooklyn has a Patio with a Grill, a Smoker, Corn Hole, and a bar, its the best thing ever. I'm just yankin your chain. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, AP3 said:

Do we think we will see a logo on this building?  All of the other buildings that the 'subject tenant' is in has prominent signage on them.  

We absolutely will. 277 facing I'd assume.

44 minutes ago, SentioVenia said:

I work across 277 from this building, and I tell you, it is massive.  Most of these photos don't do it justice...it is a big ol' chunk.

Yeah... strangely I am most impressed with this building's presence of all S Tryon-area new projects now. Probably because it's right next to the vacant maw of 277.

Glad there is an official tenant. That puts the building at 17% occupied though and they can't use the possibility of signage rights to fill the other 83% of the building... I still feel like Portman will have to wait a while to break 80%+ occupancy and I was expecting more of an expansion by Regions... 2 and a half floors is maybe 350 employees?
Regions got a good deal to get naming rights on a building while only leasing 2.5 floors. They clearly used this to their advantage. AIG leases similar square footage in BB&T for example, but no naming rights. 

Will the Regions branch occupy all ground floor retail at this building or will there be other space?

Archived