615 South College (Portman Office Tower near Westin)

CarolinaDaydreamin

41 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

Glad there is an official tenant. That puts the building at 17% occupied though and they can't use the possibility of signage rights to fill the other 83% of the building... I still feel like Portman will have to wait a while to break 80%+ occupancy and I was expecting more of an expansion by Regions... 2 and a half floors is maybe 350 employees?
Regions got a good deal to get naming rights on a building while only leasing 2.5 floors. They clearly used this to their advantage. AIG leases similar square footage in BB&T for example, but no naming rights. 

Will the Regions branch occupy all ground floor retail at this building or will there be other space?

There isn't any other space. There was never retail planned. This branch was gonna be a building asset space but is just now a branch. They got the naming rights because the power of their name will help give confidence to other tenants. 

Having them as a signed, solidified tenant adds legitimacy to the project (more than it just being under construction) which is incredibly valuable to a spec project like this. Portman was willing to give up giving signage to a tenant who may take, say 50% of the building, in favor of just getting SOMEONE of value in there now. 

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For sure, def adds legitimacy. I was just a little bit bummed because I was thinking Regions might be taking more of the building and doing a jobs announcement. It is a start though and Regions might add jobs in the future and take more floors if there is still vacancy. 

8 minutes ago, kermit said:

I wouldn't get too bummed about the small amount of space being taken, there is a pretty substantial scope for Regions to expand their activities here. I did hear that HB2 resulted in them throttling back some earlier plans here.

Doesn't make any sense to me. What has changed since HB2 passed ?

What wasn't in the article was whether they are given the first right of refusal on more space.  Metlife originally only leased 10 floors in Ballantyne, but they retained to first right to lease more space, and have since added 7-8 more in the second building.

Honesty I'm glad it's not a major jobs announcement and more of a consolidation. This way Pat can't tote it around town that we are still add significant jobs. Regions can wait until after November to add jobs lol. Don't want to get into an HB2 convo and ruin this thread SOOOOO I'll go back to say this is definitely a big win for the building 

9 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Regions is taking parts of the 4th, 5th and 6th floors according to Costar. This means the highly valued and desired higher floors can be leased by others. http://www.costar.com/News/Article/Regions-Bank-Signed-as-First-Tenant-in-Portmans-Spec-Office-Tower/184914

like perhaps by the people that wrote that report. :ph34r::ph34r: #NotSoWildSpeculation

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Today looking great and I am sure this tower will lease up since its prime upper floors are still available 

CAM07087.jpg

Very attractive building.  While the aesthetic is vanilla, it really offers so much in terms of client interaction, wow factor from the loop, and ingress/egress out of the city.

On 10/29/2016 at 5:48 PM, alb1no panther said:

Very attractive building.  While the aesthetic is vanilla, it really offers so much in terms of client interaction, wow factor from the loop, and ingress/egress out of the city.

Vanilla is a good way to put it. It's a nice looking building but doesn't demand attention from the eye as much as the crowned buildings. I kind of like have something a bit more boxy for infill occasionally. Especially if it fits in so well like this does.

Archived