615 South College (Portman Office Tower near Westin)

CarolinaDaydreamin

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This tower really looks good and can't wait until it is blocked by Tryon Place. That Charlotte Observer multi block being cleared really changes how everything in that area looks. It has been that way so long I almost lost my bearing turning on to S Church with lines of construction fencing on both sides of the street. Can't wait to see those plans. 

CAM07098.jpg

29 minutes ago, cjd5050 said:

Really the approach from 77N to the 277 is going to be stunning when all is built.  

Shes gonna be a girthy skyline once Stonewall is built up.

2 minutes ago, 11 HouseBZ said:

The 12 year old in me REALLY wanted to make a joke, but the adult me contained it. But yeah, I agree with all that up there.^

Admit it, it wasn't the 12 years old, it was just you, because you are just you. The 31 year old in me wanted everyone to think about 12 year old jokes. :-)

30 minutes ago, alb1no panther said:

I'm loving it!  If you extrapolate the level development inside the loop, it is going to be DENSE in about 50-80 years.  277 will turn into a parking lot.  Reaffirms my support of our investment in mass transit right now.

Levine might not be ready to jump into the mix by then so I am sure there will some open lots in the First Ward still.....  

The CBJ has some great pictures of the building running this morning.

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2016/11/14/615-south-college-tops-out-moves-closer-to-march.html#g1

There are some good pictures of the exterior, but since most of us have not been up in the tower I really appreciated the pictures from inside the tower.  Particularly, I thought this picture of the 2 floor balcony was interesting.

2floor.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived