615 South College (Portman Office Tower near Westin)

CarolinaDaydreamin

On 12/20/2016 at 2:36 PM, J-Rob said:

Has anyone heard if Regions might take additional space with the coming HB2 repeal?  I am curious if they have first right of refusal for additional floors.

I don't think HB2 has held Regions Bank back from taking the space they need here. Regardless of what happens with HB2, I wouldn't think it would affect Regions' plans.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like someone leased 40,000 sq ft in this tower. They are only advertising 281,000 sq ft available and the tower's side is 381,000. Regions took 63,000 sq ft so leasing must be picking up since it is closer to completion. Maybe around 5th to 6th floors. 

Edit: confidential please delete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

More space has been leased 2 full floors 5th and 6th in addition to the Regions Bank lease. I think the 6th floor has one of the balconies. This building is starting to attract more tenant interest since you can go up to the floors and the completion is just months away. 

Honestly, this building has turned out better than I would have hoped for. When it was first announced, it was like ehh to me (and others I'm sure).. But it's adding almost 400k sqft of office space and is rather unique. It has a nice presence when you're on 277 or coming up Tryon. I expect this to lease up pretty quickly. Especially being that it's attached to the Westin, and you can walk to the Stonewall light rail stop with Whole Foods right there. Perfect for some more fintech tenants I would think. 

12 hours ago, KJHburg said:

More space has been leased 2 full floors 5th and 6th in addition to the Regions Bank lease. I think the 6th floor has one of the balconies. This building is starting to attract more tenant interest since you can go up to the floors and the completion is just months away. 

I'm 97% certain the 5-6th floors (and 1/2 the 4th floor) is the space that Regions Bank is taking.

Yes you are correct I thought they were leasing lower floors than that but this is from CoStar news:  Regions Bank is set to occupy 12,259 square feet on the fourth floor, and the entire fifth and sixth floors, which total 24,837 square feet and 24,837 square feet, respectively.    They are still showing less space available so maybe somebody leased something on another floor. 

I hope someone here can address this:  I read a while back that in NC (at least) that for glass buildings there is a limited palette available:  Rose, blue green, maybe. Any educated comments?

Well unless 400 S Tryon and the Independence Tower were grandfathered in, I do not think that is the case. There aren't too many attractive shades of glass outside of the blue/green spectrum. But I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder. These days I believe it has more to do with how good of an insulator/energy efficient the different colors are.

While on this topic. I do not understand the supreme love of the design of this tower by the same people that dislike the UNCC building. Is it just the glass? IMO they're both just cubes with architectural adjustments. (FWIW, I like them both.)

What I meant to say was that for large buildings that have a glass curtain and use the glass as an insulator/energy efficiency factor there are few colors available and approved for use. That was my understanding, as a citizen ignorant of the field. Clear glass does not apply and some colors have reflectivity problems and other issues are involved. I was too brief in my comment above.

Archived