615 South College (Portman Office Tower near Westin)

CarolinaDaydreamin

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evidently 2-3 more leases are nearing completion at 615 South College according to an article in Southest Real Estate Business latest addition. The article goes on to mention weWork and others like them are looking for leases for 25-100K in the market. As this building nears completion you will see many more leases as people like to see and touch their new space. I think both of new uptown towers this one and 300 South Tryon will lease up and then when the heavily anchored LIncoln Harris tower delivers in a couple of years it will lease up too. (Not to forget about Tryon Place) I think the next 2 towers will be spaced out enough in timeframe to allow for all to absorb to the office space. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if that was a subtle hint that they are, but if I was speculating where they WOULD open second office, I think next office would be in South Park, with the 2nd Capitol Tower my first choice there.  If another in Uptown, maybe 10 Tryon?

52 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Not sure if that was a subtle hint that they are, but if I was speculating where they WOULD open second office, I think next office would be in South Park, with the 2nd Capitol Tower my first choice there.  If another in Uptown, maybe 10 Tryon?

I think they are look for fringe of uptown. I think 2100 S Tryon would be a great fit, but personally, I think one of the repurposed mills coming online would be a much better fit. 

I like this building a lot more than I thought I would (though I could do without that faux awning at the top).  Surprising how much the color of the glass impacts the look of the building.  Without the cutouts, this would be a fairly boring cube.  With them, it's just interesting enough to make a nice addition to the skyline.  Don't know how it will age but for now it feels like a solid B.  As a tenant, the score would be higher due to the proximity to light rail, Whole Foods and everything else near by.  Feels like an A+ for tenants...

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I think they are look for fringe of uptown. I think 2100 S Tryon would be a great fit, but personally, I think one of the repurposed mills coming online would be a much better fit. 

Speculating of course, but there are probably multiple coworking companies looking for space in SouthEnd/NoDa.  SouthEnd/Morehead seems the obvious choice for a WeWork/Industrious 2nd location with 300 Summit, 1213 West Morehead, and 2100 all ripe for the taking. Charlotte is in the middle of a co-working frenzy. 

9 minutes ago, Crown said:

Speculating of course, but there are probably multiple coworking companies looking for space in SouthEnd/NoDa.  SouthEnd/Morehead seems the obvious choice for a WeWork/Industrious 2nd location with 300 Summit, 1213 West Morehead, and 2100 all ripe for the taking. Charlotte is in the middle of a co-working frenzy. 

As a co-worker, I don't have a CLUE where all the tenants are going to come from for these. Are all kinds of co-workers going to come out of the woodwork, or will they be doing deals with all kinds of larger companies to get people cycling through? There's like 6 people at Packard Place every day, I know some others are more popular, but this WeWork location will be 10x any existing coworking space. 

4 minutes ago, wilmore said:

As a co-worker, I don't have a CLUE where all the tenants are going to come from for these. Are all kinds of co-workers going to come out of the woodwork, or will they be doing deals with all kinds of larger companies to get people cycling through? There's like 6 people at Packard Place every day, I know some others are more popular, but this WeWork location will be 10x any existing coworking space. 

Some companies are actively encouraging certain creative teams within their company  to work from coworking spaces. I wouldn't be surprised to see an entire team from Duke/Electrolux/Lowes  taking some of the space within Wework/Industrious. It's almost like the reverse of the "work from home" movement that a lot of folks at Wells participated in. 

Well that is about 140,000 sq ft leased in this 370-381K sq ft tower (depends on where you see it listed as for the square footage) The prime in my opinion top floors are still available and ideal for law firms. Anybody hear any other tenant interest in this building? 

On 3/13/2017 at 11:19 AM, Crown said:

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/84357/wework-industrious-bet-big-coworking-charlotte/

HAHA, boy does a lot of this article sound very familiar. Of course we all know Jayvee is a contributor here, but who knew Ted Williams was at least a lurker. Hi Ted!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I have been out of town a few days who is leasing up the 615 South College tower? They are advertising only 129K total space available. Looks like the top floors were taken too in addition to parts of the 3, 4, all 5 and 6, all of 8,9 (WeWork) now the 12th floor is not available and the top 2 floors seem to be taken. Any clues? Someone is leasing this up other than Regions, BDO and WeWork.  Anybody have any updates? That means approx 240,000 sq ft is leased now. 

Archived