615 South College (Portman Office Tower near Westin)

CarolinaDaydreamin

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

Really? That's nuts. Maybe WeWork will push for their name on the building too. :tw_joy:

This tower is so elegant and simple at the same time. Very well done in my opinion. I LOVE the way the sky and clouds are reflecting off of the blueish glass.

It pays to be first and Regions was the first tenant to sign on with their 63,xxx sq ft. 

• 1 month later...

WeWork is growing again.  I heard  a couple of months ago they were taking the 10th floor but now they are taking the 11th floor as well  total of 90,000 sq ft in this building by far the largest tenant.  https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2017/11/22/wework-doubles-its-footprint-in-uptown-charlotte.html?ana=e_clt_bn&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1511388880&j=79220321   Took this photo Monday. 

IMG_3369.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know how the building signage ordinance work? I've always liked that most of Charlotte's largest buildings aren't loaded with signs and have attractive crowns. It gives us a very distinguished, uncluttered skyline, and I generally don't care for the addition of signage for that reason. That said, the signs they add do tend to be small, so it's not the end of the world.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Little Architecture is moving to 2.5 floors of 615 South College basically bringing this building 84% leased which is great news!  Moving from the suburbs its longtime home off Tyvola. 

""Little Diversified Architectural Consulting, whose service lines include architecture, engineering and land planning, will move out of its longtime home at 5815 Westpark Drive to 615 South College, where it will lease 60,000 square feet across two-and-a-half floors on 14, 15 and 16. """   Subscriber only article 

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/01/02/why-this-prominent-charlotte-architecture-firm.html?ana=e_mc_prem&s=newsletter&ed=2018-01-02&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1514901530&j=79432421

47 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

How many people fit on a floor on average? Depends on the building of course, but of the buildings Uptown. Like 200 maybe?

In a dense office setting, I would assume about 100 square foot per person. So in a 20k floor plate, you'd have about 200 people. If you start adding conference areas or better (larger) office areas, that number goes down. 100 per person is tight.

^^ I know WeWork very well myself.  It is just a very high density environment that outside of other co-working spaces would not be done in other more typical office layouts. 

An architectural firm would need much larger desks and workspaces, more conference rooms etc.  It says Little has 67,000 sq ft now and will have 60,000 sq ft at 615 South College on 2.5 floors. 

Archived