615 South College (Portman Office Tower near Westin)

CarolinaDaydreamin

Is it finally happening ? Are things really about to bust loose for Uptown ?

Id say between this, Tryon Place, Crescent Uptown, 210 hotel, Springhill Suites, 300 S Tryon, Skyhouse II, Publix, 1st ward park, Mint Museum Apartments, Ascent Uptown and more.......yes we are busting loose in Uptown lol

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

They certainly have first mover advantage and a superior location (Whole Foods & Blue Line). Not having to dig or build a parking deck will put them way ahead of competition. 

Yeah they will definitely be out there first, but Portman has to wait on Crescent before people can start utilizing their Whole Foods ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

2nd Submittal plans filed on 5/19, looking to start late June or early July. 

6-8 weeks before vertical, with opening of late 2016 (i think we knew this)

15 floors of office on a 2 floor lobby and 2 floors of garage. About same height as Westin (i think we knew this too)

Lobby will have a 2000 SF shell space, but will most likely be a bakery/coffeeshop or building amenity. The lobby does look awesome, 30 ft of floor to ceiling glass from the garage entrance on College to the Westin turnaround.

post-29263-0-74399700-1432213163_thumb.j

2nd Submittal plans filed on 5/19, looking to start late June or early July. 

6-8 weeks before vertical, with opening of late 2016 (i think we knew this)

15 floors of office on a 2 floor lobby and 2 floors of garage. About same height as Westin (i think we knew this too)

Lobby will have a 2000 SF shell space, but will most likely be a bakery/coffeeshop or building amenity. The lobby does look awesome, 30 ft of floor to ceiling glass from the garage entrance on College to the Westin turnaround.

Hopefully they will pull a Marriott soon and redo the space in the front to front the street and not be on a separate level as the street.

Uggg I hate this project. I will never get over one Charlotte...booo

I rather have an office tower any day of the week. That's what fuels residential, hospitality and other industries in uptown. Residential (among hospitality, etc) follows office. Office doesn't follow an apartment building.

It's The perfect location for an office tower.

Though One Charlotte was very beautiful. I'd like another tower with a crown sometime soon.

I hope they do something with Westins base. It's dreadful.

Hopefully they will pull a Marriott soon and redo the space in the front to front the street and not be on a separate level as the street.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that the Westin will be renovating their restaurant space, but currently no plans to repaint the god awful beige.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The "cut-out" on the corner closest to the Westin has been eliminated based on most previous renderings.  Wonder if that was for cost-cutting, or a specific tenant that is leasing the space.  Portman always marketed that the cut-out balconies could be enclosed or opened per tenant preference.

Separately, it looks like a natural stone facade at the base, and that stone mimicked on the Westin in this rendering.  Wonder if this is really representative of materials, and if the Westin is going to upgrade the bottom 2 floors facade from stucco to stone?

The "cut-out" on the corner closest to the Westin has been eliminated based on most previous renderings.  Wonder if that was for cost-cutting, or a specific tenant that is leasing the space.  Portman always marketed that the cut-out balconies could be enclosed or opened per tenant preference.

Separately, it looks like a natural stone facade at the base, and that stone mimicked on the Westin in this rendering.  Wonder if this is really representative of materials, and if the Westin is going to upgrade the bottom 2 floors facade from stucco to stone?

No change on Westin.

No tenant's lined up……the balcony was cut because it made "functional sense"  to have 1 on each side for a total of 4 balconies as opposed to having 2 on side for a total of 5. Also should have more renderings soon. :)

I wonder if this office building is going to lead to the city improving the sidewalks on the College St bridge crossing 277.

As it stands right now the sidewalk will end at this office building. There is no sidewalk on the Portman Office tower side of College St on the bridge. And the sidewalk on the other side of College is pretty narrow. So all the young professionals coming over from South End will have a pretty bad pedestrian experience getting to this office building. Time to upgrade the sidewalks on College!

I wonder if this office building is going to lead to the city improving the sidewalks on the College St bridge crossing 277.

As it stands right now the sidewalk will end at this office building. There is no sidewalk on the Portman Office tower side of College St on the bridge. And the sidewalk on the other side of College is pretty narrow. So all the young professionals coming over from South End will have a pretty bad pedestrian experience getting to this office building. Time to upgrade the sidewalks on College!

I will find out what the plans are.....stand by, I HIGHLY doubt they will diet college right there to make room for a sidewalk. The far right lane is coming from the exit of 277, so I don't think they will even be able to have a sidewalk on that side.

Archived