615 South College (Portman Office Tower near Westin)

CarolinaDaydreamin

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Today 615 South College tower is rising above the huge construction site for Stonewall Station from Stonewall and Brevard.  Many cities would love to just have this much construction in their downtown area what is seen in this shot. 

CAM06354.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On June 4, 2016 at 6:50 PM, cltbwimob said:

So is it safe to assume this one is on for good?  Last week it seemed, based on my reading of this thread and the bad news thread, that the tenant was looking at backing out because of HB2.  Or was I just reading too much into it?

:ph34r: HB2 :ph34r:It says something that a Deep South company has a problem making an announcement in NC because of politics 

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

:ph34r: HB2 :ph34r:It says something that a Deep South company has a problem making an announcement in NC because of politics 

The :ph34r: emoji coming from you is usually a tell-tale sign that something is afoot.  Is there going to be announcement soon?  If so is it an HQ or just a company looking to take office space in Charlotte?  Inquiring minds want to know.

6 hours ago, cltbwimob said:

The :ph34r: emoji coming from you is usually a tell-tale sign that something is afoot.  Is there going to be announcement soon?  If so is it an HQ or just a company looking to take office space in Charlotte?  Inquiring minds want to know.

There are 2 announcements on hold for hb2. One other company in late stages of exploring spaces for lease.

I have heard from several sources that the Portman anchor is not a world/global/national hq.

I'll echo RDF and say that it is shocking and sad that an Alabama company finds NC's discrimination policies to be a significant concern.

So the tenant is most likely Regions Bank?

5 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

There are 2 announcements on hold for hb2. One other company in late stages of exploring spaces for lease.

Any idea when those announcements will actually be announced? Before, of after, we elect Roy Cooper as Governor? 

26 minutes ago, CLT704 said:

So the tenant is most likely Regions Bank?

Any idea when those announcements will actually be announced? Before, of after, we elect Roy Cooper as Governor? 

Can't confirm or deny. Last time I said something about this building that I shouldn't I got a friend/contact demoted. 

That said, Regions needs space, if it were them, and they could announce on the day that the building opens that they are moving in. No need for big PR stunt. 

The other company, it might not even happen, because of HB2. Roy Cooper doesn't fix HB2.

On 8/3/2016 at 7:29 AM, kermit said:

I have heard from several sources that the Portman anchor is not a world/global/national hq.

I'll echo RDF and say that it is shocking and sad that an Alabama company finds NC's discrimination policies to be a significant concern.

That is quite a shock and beyond belief. 

Couple updated renderings of 615. 

Updated+Rendering+Green+Space+Covered+Parking_615+South+College.jpg

They updated the cap on top of the deck to have sail coverings of the cars and only 1/4 capped with green space. While i like the appearance of the sales, I think the reduction in green space is disappointing. 

Worth noting in both renderings is they changed the cantilevered roof feature. Looks more solid and on a slight diagonal. I like it. Should look really cool from ground level. 

7 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

that image was deleted. just ignore :-)

It wasn't anything accurate or relevant. However I will say, activity across all the new projects, including this one, has been strong. Which is great news. I love how this project is coming together. Great example of under promising and over delivering 

Archived