615 South College (Portman Office Tower near Westin)

CarolinaDaydreamin

Just to inform everyone: those who signed up for the mailing list have now been sent emails asking for personal appointments to look at floor plans and amenities by sales associates. So I suppose contracts should be getting signed shortly.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I could afford a place in here. Everytime I check their website for updates and watch the panoramic video from morehead lead into the tower makes me want this one to be built overnight. What a beautiful tower.

How do you get to this video? I am not sure if this was posted before, but I just registered and would love to see the video. There is no chance that I could afford one of these, but I welcome the project to the city. This blows that little proposed "office cube" way out of the water.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I haven't heard anything on the sales. However, when I flew out of CLT last week I noticed that US Airways magazine had a nice 2 page ad/article about One Charlotte. It was basically the same information we have already heard though.

I also receieved an email from the sales team but they failed to disclose any information, except that they would like me to contact them and asked what my needs would be in a condo (not knowing that I don't have 10 million dollars to fork over).

• 2 weeks later...

The print edition of next week's CBJ has a brochure insert for One Charlotte. It only shows one floor plan called the Monet (floors 15-25 and 2297sq ft), but it lists all the schmancy amenities that I'm too lazy to type out here. It does have some pretty pictures though. There's a library and a demonstration kitchen that's set up like a restaurant. Kinda looks like Table in Ballantyne. But the clincher is the back page that's an extreme close-up exterior shot of the top four floors and triangular crown against the skyline. Pretty.

The print edition of next week's CBJ has a brochure insert for One Charlotte. It only shows one floor plan called the Monet (floors 15-25 and 2297sq ft), but it lists all the schmancy amenities that I'm too lazy to type out here. It does have some pretty pictures though. There's a library and a demonstration kitchen that's set up like a restaurant. Kinda looks like Table in Ballantyne. But the clincher is the back page that's an extreme close-up exterior shot of the top four floors and triangular crown against the skyline. Pretty.

Well this is exciting. Our first interior sketches, and I really want to see the details on this fortune-cookie crown. Hopefully this means that their website will get an update, rather than a register page.

• 3 weeks later...

On Luxist.com, it mentions that "One Charlotte residents will also have individual elevators with direct access to residence foyers, valet and private parking." So there are going to be 99 elevators in the building? Preliminary reports list 99 residnces total... That just seems a little too much.

Haha, there's no way, I don't care how ritzy this tower may be, one per floor isn't even realistic. You'd just have a tower of elevators leading to linen closets.

I'm sure they mean just the penthouse unit(s).

I was under the impression it would be two elevators with doors opening on both sides, you get in and type your code or insert your key, the elevator takes you to the appropriate floor and opens the appropriate door on either side that is your condo, so they would be in effect an elevator directly into your condo.

So that could make sense, basically within the floor, you have your own elevator lobby. Then, when the elevator comes to you it only goes where you are going, without stopping at another floor. That could sort of count as a private elevator. You share an elevator with 40 other floors, but it won't stop for them while you are in it. I think if the elevators are fast enough, it could work out without too much wait time.

having seen the plans, when the elevator opens it opens into the foyer of your home. There will be no hall way or common area on each floor, just residences. There will be some type of art of water wall when you get off the elevator, you will go to the right or left into the living room and kitchen. This means there can't be any, "oh we are on the wrong floor deal" because the elevator is an extension of anyone's home.

OK, this I know, each elevator will have a key / code combo access. This actually gets inputed on the elevator, which will bring you to the correct floor/condo. Raintree, I know you were joking, but the 44.5 elevators would still be incorrect if you took that point of view because the upper floors, or the penthouses occupy one complete floor, while the middle/lower units are 2 per floor, and there may be some lower floors that use 4 per floor.

At least things should begin to be cleared up shortly in September (oh and I don't have an official day, they're just saying in Sept right now) for the opening of the sales center and website update. This will hopefully bring us lots of pictures, floor plans, a complete list of ammenities, etc.

Archived