NASCAR

TONYCLT

Great finish last night. Figures "the Big One" wasn't really that big, but it was enough to cut short the green-white finish. I was amazed that there wasn't a bigger pileup right before that coming out of the turn, though, as more than a couple of cars were loose and shimmied up and down the track running 3-wide. I hate to admit it, but Kyle's definitely showing his chops as a great driver.

Several announcements came to light today in the world of NASCAR:

• Tony Stewart has been released from his contract with Joe Gibbs Racing after this season. He reportedly has bought into Haas-CNC Racing and will race with them now.

• Martin Truex's #1 Chevy was fined 150 points which knocked him out of the top 12 in the Sprint Race for an improper roof violation.

• In the Nationwide Series, the Navy will no longer sponsor the #88 car after this season.

Looks like it'll be teenager Joey Logano (who has been really impressive in the Nationwide series so far) will take over the #20. Heard that Mark Martin is coming over to Hendrick next year, too. That one kinda surprises me, as I never really saw Casey Mears leaving, but Mears has been really underachieving.

Several goods things first, Mark Martin is returning full time in 2009 driving the #5 car for Hendrick Motor sports. Also Kyle Busch won his 7th race of the year looks like he is on track to break Jeff Gordons 13 wins back in 1997.

Sundays Brickyard 400 has to be the worst race i've ever seen. With NASCAR dropping 6 caution flags because the tires sucked. Knowing that the tires were going to be a problem what NASCAR should have done was postpone the race until something could be done to fix the problem. Not only did they have 6 caution flags but they didn't let the field drive more then 12 laps under the green flag. I think NASCAR should have refunded the money of the fans who went to the race because it wasn't the fans fault the racing sucked, it was NASCARs and Goodyears fault for not doing enough testing.

Edited by TONYCLT

• 9 months later...

It seems like you here when you turn on ESPN is someone tested positive for drugs. This time its NASCAR, Jeremy Mayfield longtime driver tested positive for some kind of drug, whatever it is NASCAR wont reveal what it was. The one good thing NASCAR does that all sports should do is give the athelete an indefinent suspension (hint MLB). If they know that they will be suspended indefinetly maybe the number of positive drug tests will drop.

Also some bad news former NASCAR driver Kevin Grubb committed suicide last week. Kevin Grubb was suspended several years ago for testing positive for heroin. He drove in the truck series.

Edited by TONYCLT