TONYCLT

NASCAR

AT&T wins the battle to change burtons car. I wonder why they made such a big deal out of it anyway?

Thats true but AT&T and Cingular were not the same company when Nextel came onboard as series sponsor.

Edited by TONYCLT

Thats true but AT&T and Cingular were not the same company when Nextel came onboard as series sponsor.

thats true, Nextel has been better than Winston I think.. I also think they have made racing more fun to watch.

Thats a huge mistake, the COT is NASCARs biggest mistake since the restrictor plate.

Edited by TONYCLT

Dale Jr. may not go to RCR either mainly because RCR and DEI merged, I beleive the artical said RCR will build engines for DEI.

Ray Evernham expects to finalize the sale of an unspecified portion of his Nextel Cup Series operation to Montreal Canadiens owner George Gillett Jr. within 60 to 90 days, the team owner told ESPN.com on Tuesday. I posted this in the NHL forum as well, but this time good or bad for NASCAR? Does possibly moving part of NASCAR (operations) into Canada good for the sport?

• Like 1

Ray Evernham expects to finalize the sale of an unspecified portion of his Nextel Cup Series operation to Montreal Canadiens owner George Gillett Jr. within 60 to 90 days, the team owner told ESPN.com on Tuesday. I posted this in the NHL forum as well, but this time good or bad for NASCAR? Does possibly moving part of NASCAR (operations) into Canada good for the sport?

I say the only part of NASCAR operations that might move will be part of Evernham Motorsports, I dont believe NASCAR would move any part of there operations to Canada unless Canada can get a track and race date.

NASCAR already has a track in Mexico City for the Busch series, what hould happen is remove Mexico City from the schedule and award that race date to Canada. Canada should test the waters with a Busch series event to see how big the fan turnout would be before getting a Nextel Cup event.

Edited by TONYCLT

I say the only part of NASCAR operations that might move will be part of Evernham Motorsports, I dont believe NASCAR would move any part of there operations to Canada unless Canada can get a track and race date.

Had to quote myself on this,

I did some looking around and found that NASCAR does in fact have international offices in Mexico City and Toronto, Ontario Canada.

I don't think a road course is the answer, I think taking a track from somewhere else and putting a nextel race in canada is more of an answer.

NASCAR should take a race from California or maybe the KC race and relocate to Toronto since it would be Canadas biggest market.