TONYCLT

NASCAR

Sorry I haven't posted my pictures from the All-Star race and Coca-Cola 600 as soon as I get a chance to download them from my camera I will post them.

Sorry I haven't posted my pictures from the All-Star race and Coca-Cola 600 as soon as I get a chance to download them from my camera I will post them.

Still trying to get the hang of posting pictures thats why there is a double on there. I have more pics i'll upload them soon.

Still trying to get the hang of posting pictures thats why there is a double on there. I have more pics i'll upload them soon.

Not to put Kyle down, but for the last 10 years all he has been is a field filler maybe Petty Ent. will put a driver in the car who will compete for some wins.

Not to put Kyle down, but for the last 10 years all he has been is a field filler maybe Petty Ent. will put a driver in the car who will compete for some wins.

The only time it rains in the south is when there is a race, maybe NASCAR should schedule more races down here to help the drought :thumbsup:

Former NASCAR spokesman Chip Williams was sentenced to 26 years in prison for having sex with an 11 year old girl, Williams represented drivers like Bobby Labonte, and Kyle Petty.

Big news coming from JGR, Dale Jr. may be close to signing a deal with Gibbs with Visa being the primary sponsor Jeff Hammond was reporting this during the pre-race show.

Former NASCAR spokesman Chip Williams was sentenced to 26 years in prison for having sex with an 11 year old girl, Williams represented drivers like Bobby Labonte, and Kyle Petty.

that is sick, and gross. You know he wont have an easy time in prison either.
Edited by TONYCLT

I know this is a little late but Bill France Jr. died monday this is a sad day for NASCAR, If it wasnt for Bill France Jr. NASCAR would not be what it is today.

I know this is a little late but Bill France Jr. died monday this is a sad day for NASCAR, If it wasnt for Bill France Jr. NASCAR would not be what it is today.

Question of the day: Should Kurt Busch be penalized for hitting Tony Stewart on pit and almost running over his crew member?

Nashville Fairgrounds Track Still With a Shaky Future

This is an old Winston Cup track from the 1950s-1984. The track is currently leased by Joe Mattiolli, son of Doc & Rose who own Pocono Raceway. The track needs a new lease in order to continue and the fairgrounds board is evaluating options like a baseballl stadium or concert venue to replace the 100+ year track. The track has been on TV from a few of the Cup races (I have the May 1984 race won by Darrell Waltrip), as well as Busch Series, Craftsman Truck, ASA, and USAR Hooters Pro Cup. Basically, the track and its trademark guitars to winners are a part of Nashville culture and are well-known in racing. The track nowadays is a part of the NASCAR Whelen All-American (weekly) Series and hosts touring series like the CRA Super Late Models and is home to the annual All-American 400.

Stars who have come through this track include Darrell Waltrip, CooCoo and Sterling Marlin, Bobby Hamilton, and more recently Chad Chaffin, Jeff Green and Jeremy Mayfield.

Please help this track by submitting your suggestions here.

1984 race featuring Bobby Hamilton

(to give you a look at the track currently)

musiccitymotorlogobn7.jpg

Edited by mod134

Yes Kurt Busch should be parked for at least one race, if not more. Guys have received fines or parked in the case of Kevin Harvick for doing less than he did, although they were usually directed at another car entering the pits or retaliating with an on-track crash. He expressed his anger at Tony on pit lane, but he came close to injuring crew members on Tony's team. That is crossing a line of no return. Given his other issues in the past, ie: Jimmy Spencer at Michigan and Indy, or the drunk-driving incident when he was with Roush. Kurt (despite his less dwarfy ears for this season), unfortunately is less mature than I thought he was. He was showing some growth on how he handled Daytona and his brother wrecking him in the All-Star race. However, apparently that is not the case for this Las Vegas native. I know that Tony wasn't in the mood to give Kurt any advice on home improvement, the bottom line is these two former series champs raced hard and handled the circumstances poorly. Tony and Kurt are both not on my favorite list of drivers. Kurt and Tony can be jerks at times.

Sometimes a test of a one's character comes when things don't go their way as opposed to when they like the way things are. If Tony/Kurt had a bone to pick with one another, they should settle it in the garage or back in the motorcoach lot. It is among the most egregious offenses when a driver decides to use their car as a weapon. Fortunately nobody was injured while Kurt showed his rage.

1686ob0.jpg

Edited by mod134

I agree with Mod, but I have to say I sometimes hate Tony Stewart, actually most the the time I do. But in other cases I feel bad for him, he really never gets any love for being a great driver.

Welcome to the thread Mod, Being a big fan of Tony Stewart I think people hate him because he is a great driver and he doesn't take crap from anyone including NASCAR, hes alot like Dale Earnhardt Sr. in both driving style and attitude and just like Dale Sr. you either loved him or hated him.

Thanks for the reception guys. I was over in turn 1 at Monday's race and I was glad to see Martin win his first race. Stewart, undoubtedly is one of the most talented drivers out there, between USAC, dirt, IRL, NASCAR, you name it.