NASCAR

TONYCLT

Sony has signed on to be the lead sponsor of Jrs new Hendrick ride next year.

I think this makes it more likely Hendrick will aquire the #8 from DEI. Had they kept Budweiser on board and aquired the #8 it woul;d essentially eliminate a high volume of merchandise sales moving to a new team. Now with a new sponser sales should soar.

Last nights Busch race was one of the best ones i've ever seen , but I don't think Gibbs should have replace Eric Almirola with Denny Hamlin even though Denny won the race Eric will be credited with the win, points, and money I just think it's a crappy way to win your first race.

How about the race today Juan Pablo Montoya gets his first win to be the first non american to win in 30 years, I didn't get a chance to watch the final 45 laps of the race because I lost power due to a storm but I did watch the highlights and 'm disappointed I missed the end of the race.

How about the race today Juan Pablo Montoya gets his first win to be the first non american to win in 30 years, I didn't get a chance to watch the final 45 laps of the race because I lost power due to a storm but I did watch the highlights and 'm disappointed I missed the end of the race.

After his run at Infinion Montoya will be likely contender at Watkins Glen.

It would be nice is Boris Said would run the entire season I think if Roush or Hendrick would give him a ride he would win some races especially at the road courses.

Did you guys hear the interview with Robby Gordon? I literally was laughing in my car when I heard him diss JPM about NOT WINNING the race. Why not be classy and congratulate Juan on the win? Somebody needs to remind RG that to goal is to finish first, not just have the best car during some parts of the race.

Did you guys hear the interview with Robby Gordon? I literally was laughing in my car when I heard him diss JPM about NOT WINNING the race. Why not be classy and congratulate Juan on the win? Somebody needs to remind RG that to goal is to finish first, not just have the best car during some parts of the race.

NASCAR handed out there punishment to the 24, 48 teams today and as was expected they received the same punishment as the 8 car did in Darlington 100 driver and owner pionts, 6 race suspension for the crew cheifs, and a 100,000 fine.

As for Dale Jr. changing teams, getting a new sponsor, and a new number I think its good thing it lets him shed the image of the DEI brand. Plus people who have #8 Budweiser collector items will be able to sell them for more money. :thumbsup:

WOW, what a great race last night Jamie McMurray finally broke the 166 race winless streak in a photofinish, .005 was the margin of victory the second closest finish in NASCAR history. Also a little fun fact Clint Bowyer driver of the 07 car finished 7th on 7/7/07.

This is what .005 seconds looks like.

pepsi400.jpg

Edited by TONYCLT

Points as of Daytona:

NEXTEL Cup Series

RANK---DRIVER-------- POINTS-BEHIND

1 --- Jeff Gordon----------2773 Leader

2 --- Denny Hamlin-------2496 -277

3 --- Matt Kenseth--------2390 -383

4 --- Jimmie Johnson-----2366 -407

5 --- Jeff Burton-----------2345 -428

6 --- Carl Edwards--------2308 -465