NASCAR

TONYCLT

Nashville Fairgrounds Track Still With a Shaky Future

This is an old Winston Cup track from the 1950s-1984. The track is currently leased by Joe Mattiolli, son of Doc & Rose who own Pocono Raceway. The track needs a new lease in order to continue and the fairgrounds board is evaluating options like a baseballl stadium or concert venue to replace the 100+ year track. The track has been on TV from a few of the Cup races (I have the May 1984 race won by Darrell Waltrip), as well as Busch Series, Craftsman Truck, ASA, and USAR Hooters Pro Cup. Basically, the track and its trademark guitars to winners are a part of Nashville culture and are well-known in racing. The track nowadays is a part of the NASCAR Whelen All-American (weekly) Series and hosts touring series like the CRA Super Late Models and is home to the annual All-American 400.

Stars who have come through this track include Darrell Waltrip, CooCoo and Sterling Marlin, Bobby Hamilton, and more recently Chad Chaffin, Jeff Green and Jeremy Mayfield.

Please help this track by submitting your suggestions here.

1984 race featuring Bobby Hamilton

(to give you a look at the track currently)

musiccitymotorlogobn7.jpg

Edited by mod134

Yes Kurt Busch should be parked for at least one race, if not more. Guys have received fines or parked in the case of Kevin Harvick for doing less than he did, although they were usually directed at another car entering the pits or retaliating with an on-track crash. He expressed his anger at Tony on pit lane, but he came close to injuring crew members on Tony's team. That is crossing a line of no return. Given his other issues in the past, ie: Jimmy Spencer at Michigan and Indy, or the drunk-driving incident when he was with Roush. Kurt (despite his less dwarfy ears for this season), unfortunately is less mature than I thought he was. He was showing some growth on how he handled Daytona and his brother wrecking him in the All-Star race. However, apparently that is not the case for this Las Vegas native. I know that Tony wasn't in the mood to give Kurt any advice on home improvement, the bottom line is these two former series champs raced hard and handled the circumstances poorly. Tony and Kurt are both not on my favorite list of drivers. Kurt and Tony can be jerks at times.

Sometimes a test of a one's character comes when things don't go their way as opposed to when they like the way things are. If Tony/Kurt had a bone to pick with one another, they should settle it in the garage or back in the motorcoach lot. It is among the most egregious offenses when a driver decides to use their car as a weapon. Fortunately nobody was injured while Kurt showed his rage.

1686ob0.jpg

Edited by mod134

Welcome to the thread Mod, Being a big fan of Tony Stewart I think people hate him because he is a great driver and he doesn't take crap from anyone including NASCAR, hes alot like Dale Earnhardt Sr. in both driving style and attitude and just like Dale Sr. you either loved him or hated him.