NASCAR

TONYCLT

I think eveyone is glad to Mark running this good including me, what he has done this year for a part time team has been great. And as for Tonys talent I agree with he ranks with drivers like Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin any type of racecar they get into they win in.

Nashville's plight has made the headlines of NASCAR's site.

Article.

Mark is doing outstanding this season and it is a testament to his talent with his first season in a long time in a Chevy, but equally important how he and the investment of Bobby Ginn in the race team have stepped up the entire program. My brother suggested that if Gibbs or RCR doesn't get Dale Jr., look for Ginn Racing to be the darkhorse canidate to get "Little E". After Mark's continued success and Regan Smith's impressive efforts thusfar, Ginn is making their mark this season.

True, but when the weather hit their strategy managed to put Gordon in victory lane. Had it fallen past like lap 114, Gordon's strategy was done as he needed to pit. If it was a little earlier, Edwards had the win. If Newman nosed ahead at that last scoring loop, he would have ended that winless drought.

Glad to hear Pocono keeps its two races next year. I'll be at the one in early August.

Albeit rain-shortened, what does everyone think of the TNT broadcast featuring Bill Webber, Wally Dallenbach and Kyle Petty? I must admit that it's tough without having Benny Parsons' distinctive voice helping broadcast the races. That being said, I think Kyle did a good jobi and some of the segments in the rain delay were enjoyable other than the standard driver interviews.

Edited by mod134

Make sure you get some pictures at the race, and as for TNT coverage of the race I didn't like it at all though Kyle petty did do a good job in the booth, I think FOX Sports has the best coverage and the best announcers DW, Larry Mac, and Jeff Hammond do a great job and are always entertaining.

I oculdnt watch the TNT broadcast, it was to boring for me. Also HMS has won 10 of the last 12 races.

I got a question though, how come Edwards is so successful in Busch Series races, but can't really breakthrough in Nextel Cup races?

I think the main reason is Chevolet is just that much stronger then Ford, from 2002-2005 Ford was strong Mark Martin finished 2nd in the standings in 02, Matt Kenseth won it in 03 and Kurt Busch in 04. Remember Carl Edwards won 4 races in 2005 and finished 3rd in the points. Carl Edwards has broke through in Nextel Cup but the Fords just can't keep up with the Chevys.

Unless Ford can do something with there engine program they will always run behind the Chevys that is why some of the teams are considering a switch. Look at Roush he has some of the best drivers on the track and because he runs Ford power they just dont perform like the Chevy drivers. Good example on the difference between the two Mark Martin drove a Ford last year and now he drives a Chevy he has almost as many top 10's this year as he did in all of last year.

Unless Ford can do something with there engine program they will always run behind the Chevys that is why some of the teams are considering a switch. Look at Roush he has some of the best drivers on the track and because he runs Ford power they just dont perform like the Chevy drivers. Good example on the difference between the two Mark Martin drove a Ford last year and now he drives a Chevy he has almost as many top 10's this year as he did in all of last year.

thought I would keep some standings so we can discuss more besides the races.

01 Jeff Gordon 2249 ---

02 Matt Kenseth 2007-242

03 Denny Hamlin 2002-247

04 Jimmie Johnson 1944-305

05 Jeff Burton 1828-421

06 Tony Stewart 1733-516

07 Carl Edwards 1710-539

08 Clint Bowyer 1659-590

09 Kevin Harvick 1648-601

10 Kyle Busch 1613-636

11 Martin Truex Jr. 1597-652

12 Mark Martin 1586-663

Edited by dgreco

If HMS were to add Dale Jr. that give HMS a powerhouse lineup, Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Johnson, Dale Jr., and Casey Mears who is starting to come out of his shell as a competitve driver, it would be hard for any team to stop HMS from winning week in and week out.

My thoughts exactly. But, I have to believe he will get a similar deal like Gordon - 50% ownership of the car :dontknow:

Also - I haven't been able to tell - will it become the 8 car with Budwiser at HMS? I just can't see Jr. hawking Corn Flakes. :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow: