NASCAR

TONYCLT

How long does anyone think Toyota is going to put up with MWR? I gotta believe they are really regretting their decision to partner with him.

Would it improve at all if MW got out of the 55 altogether? Does anyone actually think he can be a good owner?

How long does anyone think Toyota is going to put up with MWR? I gotta believe they are really regretting their decision to partner with him.

Would it improve at all if MW got out of the 55 altogether? Does anyone actually think he can be a good owner?

I read that too. That would obviously make the most sense, although there is a bunch of $$$ to be made from the merchandising stuff if a change occured. The other side of the argument on that is they are actually considering the fans who've spent alot of jack on the 8/Bud merchandise.

Even more interesting was a blog that suggested a play by HMS to get the "3", but I really think that would send all the Gordon Haters over the edge :o

I still haven't been able to find any details of the agreement - like did he get 50% ownership in the car like Jeff has on the 24 (and 48)?? :dontknow:

If JR and Busch fail to make the chase - do they make the switch prior to the end of the year?

Although I live in Michigan, I would love to see them drop 1 of the 2 cup races and give it to Kentucky. Same type track, but I don't really think it makes sense to come to Brooklyn 2 times in such a short amount of time. Besides, the traffic nightmare is truly undescribable. I went to the June race in 2000 shortly after moving here and it was so bad I swore I would never return <_<

Everything I read about Kentucky says they sell that place out everytime there is so much as a practice!

I read that too. That would obviously make the most sense, although there is a bunch of $$$ to be made from the merchandising stuff if a change occured. The other side of the argument on that is they are actually considering the fans who've spent alot of jack on the 8/Bud merchandise.

Even more interesting was a blog that suggested a play by HMS to get the "3", but I really think that would send all the Gordon Haters over the edge :o

I still haven't been able to find any details of the agreement - like did he get 50% ownership in the car like Jeff has on the 24 (and 48)?? :dontknow:

If JR and Busch fail to make the chase - do they make the switch prior to the end of the year?

Carl Edwards finally broke Chevys stranglehold on the Cup series. Also NASCAR has filed a counter suit against AT&T for 100 million and to get all rival telecoms out of the sport by the 2008 season.

Edited by TONYCLT

I wish nascar wasn't so dominated by Chevy, I would like to see Ford, Dodge and now Toyota make an impact. I hated to see Pontiac go, I think the more different cars the more exciting. It is boring seeing the chevy logo as 8 of the top 10 every week.

I wish nascar wasn't so dominated by Chevy, I would like to see Ford, Dodge and now Toyota make an impact. I hated to see Pontiac go, I think the more different cars the more exciting. It is boring seeing the chevy logo as 8 of the top 10 every week.

Not alot to talk about this week so I thought points standings would be good just to keep people up to date.

NEXTEL Cup Points

1. Jeff Gordon 2392 Leader

2. Denny Hamlin 2128 -264

3. Jimmie Johnson 2055 -337

4. Matt Kenseth 2044 -348

5. Jeff Burton 1919 -473

6. Carl Edwards 1905 -487

7. Tony Stewart 1903 -489

8. Kevin Harvick 1794 -598

9. Clint Bowyer 1774 -618

10. Martin Truex Jr. 1772 -620

11. Kyle Busch 1763 -629

12. Dale Earnhardt Jr. 1691 -701

Busch Series Points

1. Carl Edwards 2534 Leader

2. Dave Blaney 1833 -701

3. Kevin Harvick 1798 -736

4. David Reutimann 1764 -770

5. Regan Smith 1744 -790

6. David Ragan 1713 -821

7. Greg Biffle 1647 -887

8. Marcos Ambrose 1638 -896

9. Bobby Hamilton Jr. 1629 -905

10. Jason Leffler 1603 -931

Truck Series Points

1. Mike Skinner 1708 Leader

2. Ron Hornaday Jr. 1595 -113

3. Todd Bodine 1508 -200

4. Travis Kvapil 1443 -265

5. Rick Crawford 1424 -284

6. Ted Musgrave 1420 -288

7. Johnny Benson 1264 -444

8. Aaron Fike 1232 -476

9. Jack Sprague 1205 -503

10. Matt Crafton 1184 -524

Sony has signed on to be the lead sponsor of Jrs new Hendrick ride next year.

I think this makes it more likely Hendrick will aquire the #8 from DEI. Had they kept Budweiser on board and aquired the #8 it woul;d essentially eliminate a high volume of merchandise sales moving to a new team. Now with a new sponser sales should soar.