Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

109investments

Any news on that parkway from Augusta to Savannah?

6 posts in this topic

I know the state of Georiga is working on a feasiblity study for a new Interstate in Georgia - connecting Knoxville, TN to Savannah, GA - I-3 ............. that would be great for the cities of Augusta and Savannah?

I know the state of Georiga is working on a feasiblity study for a new Interstate in Georgia - connecting Knoxville, TN to Savannah, GA - I-3 ............. that would be great for the cities of Augusta and Savannah?

^ I hear ya... The speeding tickets that I've gotten on the various rural highways between (I've tried quite a few different routes) could cover most of the funding ;)

Do a search for the "I-3" thread in the Georgia forum; there's some info on the early plans. I don't know if there's much in the way of new news on this though. The NC/TN segments of the planned I-3 are looking very, very doubtful, so my guess this will take the form of upgrades (4-lanes, or expressway...?) to existing highways in GA.

Thats already being done in between Augusta and Savannah, (the 4 laning of existing highways). Its a mess everytime I try to get to the coast!

Thats already being done in between Augusta and Savannah, (the 4 laning of existing highways). Its a mess everytime I try to get to the coast!