Newport Summer Forum Meeting?

Newport Summer Forum Meeting?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend a forum meeting in Newport?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I was thinking of putting together a forum meeting in Newport some Saturday this summer. Those of us in the northern part of the state could meet and take the ferry, and those already in Newport could meet us there. Maybe someone in Newport would like to guide a little walking tour and we could retire for drinks somewhere. People could bring their significant others/kids if they want, and join in as much or as little as they want...

Would people be interested in doing this?

Anyone have any ideas on things we should see/do, or a good place for a large group to gather for cocktails?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I've been to the Parrot with parties of a dozen or so several times. Given advance notice, they can accomodate groups well enough. If we went there, we'd probably want to go midweek. That place is crazy busy on summer weekends.

I'd certainly second the reccomendation, though. Their menu is literally a book, and the food is quite good. The building is indeed gorgeous.

I'll be there one way or the other... plenty of special events this summer. The Tall Ships Festival in June is supposed to be the greatest one yet!

Which month were you planning on Cotuit?

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds good. I'd like to meet some of the UP folks here. I gotta catch up to some of you guys with thousands of posts when I'm not even at 50 yet.

I've spent a lot of time browsing this forum and enjoyed the opinions and input from the great RI forum on this board.