Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cundvale

Greenville Music Venues

9 posts in this topic

My wife and I were in Greenville a few months back for The Four Songwriters Tour (Guy Clark, Joe Ely, Lyle Lovett, & John Hiatt). The were at the Peace Center and we thought it was a nice venue. Great sound and sight lines. My only complaint is that the lobby is a little small.

I was wondering about other venues in Greenville. Out taste leans toward alternative country - Robert Earl Keen, Jerry Jeff Walker, Todd Snider, etc.

How is the Handlebar? Others? :alc:

How is the Handlebar? Others? :alc:

The Bohemian is a nice little venue that has live indie music pretty much every night. Good food and a nice atmosphere too.

The Handlebar is great. GottRocks can also be fun.

Being a jazz fan, I completely enjoy both The Brown Street Club and Roper's Jazz Cavern's. Other favorites include The Handlebar, Horizon Records/The Bohemian Cafe and Bar, Coffee Underground, Pepsi Pavilion at the BI-LO Center, and the Peace Center's different theatres and concert hall. There are others I enjoy, but this list includes my favorites overall. :shades:

I have not had a chance to visit either of the two new jazz clubs, but have heard great things about The Brown Street Club. I have not heard anything about Roper's Jazz Caverns. How is it? I picture it having a different vibe than Brown Street.

Yall should check out this website.

www.greenvillescene.com

just launched!

Great idea! I just hope that it is fixed up (working properly) and graphically enhanced a bit. Thanks for the heads up, btoy. :thumbsup:

something isn't right with it, the bottom is supposed to be on the right side.