CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Nine story East Court Street Tower

g-man430

Come to think of it, that parking lot does look like the footprint where a building used to be. I wonder if there is a record of what that area looked like back in the day.

That is a great spot too, I would assume that you get Main St frontage without actually being on Main and having to pay Main St prices for the building (although I am sure it wasnt cheap to buy). I was thinking somethigng like this would be great a few blocks north in still a desirable location. How about on the corner of Washington and Main? Both Desirable and in desperate need of rehabilitation. They could stick more retail or a Barnes and Noble on the ground floor while they are at it.

So I guess what I am trying to say is, can we have two of these now instead of just one? :D

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These renderings look much better in color and not photocopied! :lol:

Notice the Peacock Hotel is shown in that 3rd Rendering...would have been nice to see it at the height depicted there...but that's a complaint for another thread.

I stand corrected on my previous comments. According to that rendering it preseves the current land and the neat parking area out back where they do the farmers market.

I know that this will happen in the future, at least I hope it does, but I would love to see high rise and mid rise completely back up and surround the Church St Bridge, making it feel like an elevated urban highway, like I-81 in Syracuse, NY.

I absolutely agree. McBee Station and the Elliott Davis building are helping to acheive this. Suntrust needs to sell their parking lot to a Riverplace type developer or one with such a vision. One thing I love about the downtown area are the bridges. Academy Street and Church Street's bridges add such a unique experience in downtown and offer great views.

Every day i keep looking at that dirty old parking lot in front of Mcbee station on Mcbee street. The one that is next to the loop when you exit off church street onto mcbee street. That would be a good lot to put something tall i think. Maybe in the 10-15 story range.

Can anyone enlighten us as to exactly what they were doing here? It looked to me like some sort of geological survey work. One guy was using a sledge hammer to drive these spike sensors into the asphault. The other appeared to be gettnig readings off of them. They looked busy or I would have asked what was up...and I figured someone here would know.

Can anyone enlighten us as to exactly what they were doing here? It looked to me like some sort of geological survey work. One guy was using a sledge hammer to drive these spike sensors into the asphault. The other appeared to be gettnig readings off of them. They looked busy or I would have asked what was up...and I figured someone here would know.

Archived