CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Nine story East Court Street Tower

g-man430

• 2 months later...

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL....G-man likes to say Bob the no builder. I actually think this is still a very hot building if you know what I mean. I think the NIMBY'S really screwed this one up or else it would probably have already started. We will just have to wait and see ....

• 3 months later...

Yes, it is dead. One of the partners bought elsewhere near downtown. I would love for the remaining partners (assuming they are still working together) to build this place though. It would add much needed residential density to the heart of downtown.

I ate outside at Bellacino's last week and I was just imagining this 9 story structure helping define this corner of Court Square. It would be a huge addition to the feel and, like I said, definition of the historic square. I hope they can find another investor and decide to go ahead with this one in the future. If I won the lottery I'd buy a unit for the sake of it being built (that, and enjoying the living and activity such a location would provide). :shades:

That is sad to hear. Hard to believe this one was completely done in by a few people who objected to the reduction of the courtyard by 8 measley feet. A courtyard that few people use, and that would have probably have become much more popular and used if the building had been constructed. This is a head scratcher to me. :dunno:

Seems between groups like this and the DPC, we have a pattern of a few people kicking the stepladder from under quite a few projects. That seems a shame.

I find it hard to believe that because a few concerned people requested/complained/protested that this development not encroach 8 ft into public space is the reason why an investor backed out. If their plans hinged on stealing 8 ft of public property, then I am glad that they failed. It is more likely that it was another economy based decision ( I hope ). Developers in many cases are not concerned about the city, but solely on profits. We need the DPC to plan and analyze impacts to the city and ensure that developments always fall into the win/win column.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a lot of false information being thrown around in this thread. The project is not dead. It is simply on hold until economic conditions improve. Harper and Furman still want to build it but they believe it is not the right time to put a high-end condo on the market that would go for a few million.

Well, when I win the Powerball, I'll be a proud investor in this project. I'd love to have a Court Square address! If my numbers come through, then you can count on some construction starting... (and would be able to expect something really cool to be developed downtown by me) :)

There is a lot of false information being thrown around in this thread. The project is not dead. It is simply on hold until economic conditions improve. Harper and Furman still want to build it but they believe it is not the right time to put a high-end condo on the market that would go for a few million.

Archived